Wait for new rMBP 13" or now with 21% discount

mark29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
14
1
Tomorrow, for one day only, MediaMarkt(Europe's best buy) will be having a 21% discount on everything in store.

I've been shopping around for the rMBP 13" for a while and was obviously going to wait for the new ones after WWDC.

But with the possibility of a 21% discount on the current gen, is there really that much they could add to the new one to justify missing out on this discount?
 

mark29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
14
1
I am not in Europe many times but when I was there last time Apple products weren't included amongst some other expensive products!
they've done it before and have included apple products, the fine print only excludes mobile phones on contract.

Thanks for the reply though!
 

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
1,715
161
For a 21% discount go for it. It's unlikely you'll get a better deal.
 

ciberkarlos

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2011
96
1
i assume you are talking about the "Dia sin IVA" in spanish Media Markt Stores. I'm from Spain too. Since a -21% on a 13'rMBP means 325€ off, and considering that the rumors points that the probable rMBP upgrades are a slimmer design and a better camera (ok, and Haswell processors), if i were you i would run to your closest media markt and buy one. About 1200€ is a great offer for a 13' rMBP in Spain. I´m traveling to the USA on August and i will buy a 13'rMBP there, but if not, i would definitely get to Media Markt tomorrow.
 

MajkJaro

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2013
94
2
how big of a chance is it that in the next week we'll see the upgrade of mbp with retina display?
 

gnasher729

macrumors P6
Nov 25, 2005
16,569
3,148
how big of a chance is it that in the next week we'll see the upgrade of mbp with retina display?
Probably too late to post, but unless someone is totally fixated on having the absolutely latest product (which is not a healthy mental state), if I had the choice of buying the current model today with 21% rebate or buying the new model tomorrow at full price, I'd always buy the current model today.