Wait for new rMBP 13" or now with 21% discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mark29, Jun 2, 2013.

1. mark29 macrumors newbie

Tomorrow, for one day only, MediaMarkt(Europe's best buy) will be having a 21% discount on everything in store.

I've been shopping around for the rMBP 13" for a while and was obviously going to wait for the new ones after WWDC.

But with the possibility of a 21% discount on the current gen, is there really that much they could add to the new one to justify missing out on this discount?

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I am not in Europe many times but when I was there last time Apple products weren't included amongst some other expensive products!

3. mark29 thread starter macrumors newbie

they've done it before and have included apple products, the fine print only excludes mobile phones on contract.

Thanks for the reply though!

4. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

For a 21% discount go for it. It's unlikely you'll get a better deal.

5. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Ah, Ok, then that is not a bad deal at all, gets closer to the US price.;)

6. ciberkarlos macrumors member

i assume you are talking about the "Dia sin IVA" in spanish Media Markt Stores. I'm from Spain too. Since a -21% on a 13'rMBP means 325€ off, and considering that the rumors points that the probable rMBP upgrades are a slimmer design and a better camera (ok, and Haswell processors), if i were you i would run to your closest media markt and buy one. About 1200€ is a great offer for a 13' rMBP in Spain. I´m traveling to the USA on August and i will buy a 13'rMBP there, but if not, i would definitely get to Media Markt tomorrow.

7. MajkJaro macrumors member

how big of a chance is it that in the next week we'll see the upgrade of mbp with retina display?

8. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Probably too late to post, but unless someone is totally fixated on having the absolutely latest product (which is not a healthy mental state), if I had the choice of buying the current model today with 21% rebate or buying the new model tomorrow at full price, I'd always buy the current model today.