Wait...we don't have earphone port on the new rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjiangweilan, Oct 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jjiangweilan macrumors 6502

jjiangweilan

2. jjiangweilan thread starter macrumors 6502

jjiangweilan

[​IMG]

In the first pic, there is a glare spot on the right most side. Is that an earphone port?

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

The rumours suggest that it will still have a headphone port. Wether it will or not no one knows until the 27th.

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

If they removed it, they would have to sell USB-C headphones also. Imagine the hordes of confused customers who doesn't know the difference between Lightning and USB-C.

Lightning should die.

5. Ma2k5 macrumors 6502a

Ma2k5

It coincides with the Apple Airpods release so, who knows :), it might get removed. I mean they will still offer wired alternatives in the form of thunderbolt as it is, so they could very much do so.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, but Apple enjoys the licensing fees and total control.

Agreed, so far it appears to be there, but I do find it odd, that Apple is pushing a wireless agenda, and already removed the headphone jack from the iPhone. It would seem to be, that in order to be consistent, they would remove it from the new Macs as well

7. samparmenter macrumors 6502

Not odd at all, removing the headphone jack from a tiny device makes it easier to make it waterproof and saves a useful amount of space. Doing it on a laptop wont save a useful amount of space.

8. jerryk macrumors 68030

It is to Apple's advantage to sell you a new set of wireless earbuds or Beats headphones, so I would not be surprised to see the headphone jack go. They sure made a big deal about how easy the W1 chips makes it to use the airpods.