Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Epi1mg

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2009
Trumbull, CT
Mixed message

I just called apple to see about adding Final Cut Express to my BTO quad core. The rep said it could be done but he asked me to hold while he checked if this would change delivery or my order position. He came back on about a minute later and said that I could add it as pre installed and that it would not change my order position. This sends a mixed message to me... Guess my computer isn't sitting on a runway in china ready to go... Also my CC still has not been touched.

-Chris

mgzilla

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2009
New Jersey
I just called apple to see about adding Final Cut Express to my BTO quad core. The rep said it could be done but he asked me to hold while he checked if this would change delivery or my order position. He came back on about a minute later and said that I could add it as pre installed and that it would not change my order position. This sends a mixed message to me... Guess my computer isn't sitting on a runway in china ready to go... Also my CC still has not been touched.

-Chris

What date did you order on?

daTroll

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2009
Luxembourg
New i5 and i7 iMacs have been popping up on German eBay over the weekend, with estimated shipment dates of the 9th and the 13th.

http://shop.ebay.de/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=imac+(i5,i7)&_sacat=See-All-Categories

My 2GHz G5 iMac (ambient light edition) is in for repair since a few weeks. Yes, it's one of those that have been made using defective capacitors. In my case the trouble only started after 4.5 years, and Apple's extended warranty for this issue has expired. New logic board + power supply costs €600... My home insurance covers it, but I would have preferred to get the cash to instead to pay a part of the i7... :(

KaiderCoder

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2009
Germany
I wonder where they get their information...

Der neue iMac 27" Intel Core i5 Quad-Core mit 2,66GHz ist voraussichtlich ab 09. November 2009 lieferbar!!!

Translated: The new 27" Intel Core i5 Quad-Core w/ 2.66GHz is expected to ship at 09. Nov.

Very strange.
Today is the 9th in Germany.

I hope they don't lie!

samosienamaluje

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2009
One of the Polish private apple resellers told me that he has information that usa shipping is on the 11th november and polish shippings are one week later... he might be wrong... i don't know...

mileslong

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Newport Beach, CA
Finally got message on iMac27 Quad ship date

just got this update, see order snapshot...i was a bit insulted

Attachments

• imacorder.jpg
    imacorder.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 533

Juliet1186

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
I too have been watching this thread like a hawk lol It's pretty funny how long we've all been waiting. However I have a dif problem. I am still waiting to purchase my quad-core since I know an apple employee I get a nice discount and worth the wait. The only thing is he says it's not up on the employee site yet. Anyone have any details on when it might be up for purchase for an apple employee?

pinksatin

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
columbus.ohio
discount

I too have been watching this thread like a hawk lol It's pretty funny how long we've all been waiting. However I have a dif problem. I am still waiting to purchase my quad-core since I know an apple employee I get a nice discount and worth the wait. The only thing is he says it's not up on the employee site yet. Anyone have any details on when it might be up for purchase for an apple employee?

I work at starbucks for health insurance... there is a discount for starbucks employees and its open for family or friends... I ordered my i7 with that... its an EPP discount, but I suppose its not as good... :rolleyes:

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
Anybody in here order a C2D w/ 4850 after Apple changed the shipping date to 7-10 days? Does your order say the same shipping date (7-10 days)?

Juliet1186

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
I work at starbucks for health insurance... there is a discount for starbucks employees and its open for family or friends... I ordered my i7 with that... its an EPP discount, but I suppose its not as good... :rolleyes:

Yeah if all else fails I am gonna get it with the EPP discount thru my boyfriend who is in the army. I just hate the wait! lol

Juliet1186

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
If an Apple employee knows when and states the date, he would probably not be an Apple employee anymore and you may not get your discount...

Yeah he doesn't know he just said it wasn't available yet and didn't know when it would be available. They can't get it if it's low on stock something like that

camgrant84

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2009
Sydney
Well...

My card was charged the full amount on the 5th. It is still showing as having been charged today.

However, the Apple rep on the phone just told me that it is a bank authorisation. "No quad core imacs will be shipped before the end of the month, and even then it may take 2 to 3 weeks longer to get them"

/sigh

robotkiller

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2009
Well...

My card was charged the full amount on the 5th. It is still showing as having been charged today.

However, the Apple rep on the phone just told me that it is a bank authorisation. "No quad core imacs will be shipped before the end of the month, and even then it may take 2 to 3 weeks longer to get them"

/sigh

3 weeks into December?? I don't buy it.

matejay

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2009
Sydney | NSW
Well...

/sigh

Announce it on the 20th of Oct and ship it just for Christmas? I don't think so... not even Apple can afford that kind of delay! I hope... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.