Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KaiderCoder

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2009
Germany
Just now, speaking with Donna G, Apple Expert :

• While we have the tools to assist our customers with their current purchases in the Apple Online Store we do not have the tools to research any orders that have already been placed.
  • Donna G: Once that date is announced, you will receive an email and we'll also update our website.
Nothing more on the status of the iMac i7.

I think they slowly get mad about x-thousands calls a day :D

rottinapple

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2009
woke up this morning, checked order, changed from not yet shipped to prepared for shipment!!! just made my day

fobfob

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2008
what did i do wrong now? I know I'm bad in English :p
Nothing, my bad :) but I do love this thread.

Regarding the wait, assuming it really is because of 4850 supply, it is interesting that no QC iMacs have shipped at all. Are AMD actually shipping any 4850s yet? If not, did they forget where the files are or are the production lines maxed out with higher profit high end GPUs? If 4850s are shipping, maybe they are dribbling out and Apple want to minimise costs by delaying switching on the QC production line until supply is high enough to run the it at full capacity. So much speculation. This is more fun than actually having one!

rottinapple

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2009
im not lying no reason to im just like every1 else checkin this thread 100+x a day ,, my order was changed from "not yet shipped" to "preparred for shipment"

KaiderCoder

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2009
Germany
im not lying no reason to im just like every1 else checkin this thread 100+x a day ,, my order was changed from "not yet shipped" to "preparred for shipment"

If it's true it shouldn't be a problem to give us your "Order Number" and "Shipping Address Zip Code" to verify your information.. ;)

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

We've discussed this several times over. Even talked to Apple reps about it--when your order says, "prepared for shipment" it means absolutely squat-nada-nothing.

I'm crossing my fingers & toes like everyone else, but thus far, that statement is absolutely meaningless.

Sorry,
wmt

robotkiller

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2009
We've discussed this several times over. Even talked to Apple reps about it--when your order says, "prepared for shipment" it means absolutely squat-nada-nothing.

I'm crossing my fingers & toes like everyone else, but thus far, that statement is absolutely meaningless.

Sorry,
wmt

To be fair it's meaningless when the automated voice says "prepared for shipment" No one yet has said their online order says so.

Like everybody else, pics or it isn't true

spcdust

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2008
London, UK
Why not put yourselves out of this waiting misery - just assume delivery will be the last week of November and anything sooner will be a bonus:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.