Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woochoo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2014
Why? why would apple start reducing prices on their hardware especially if its a new release/design if anything there will be more to pay, expectations like this are similar to those who expect any new macs to be shipped out with a GTX 980.

If Apple increased the price of the retina's over normal MBP's was because of the SSD and the display. Now retina displays don't cost the same as 3 years ago and SSD's are much cheaper too.
If it costs more, it'll enter the price range of 13"'s rMBP. Not asking for a price reduction, but mantaining the price of the 13" Air would be the good way to go. Also, Apple reduced prices before in Airs with same hardware, and doubled the amount of ram of 15"'s mantaining the same price, so I don't see why Apple would increase a price now.

Adhvaitv

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2015
Why? why would apple start reducing prices on their hardware especially if its a new release/design if anything there will be more to pay, expectations like this are similar to those who expect any new macs to be shipped out with a GTX 980.

Exept pricing option ... Anybody expecting other things to be announced this year ? Bcoz the same looks are getting old and 256gb or 512gb are not enough even if its ssd ... People have data in TBs ... And everybody is loving space grey color in iphones and ipads... Usb type c might have many keys to locked door such as carrying too many cables for 1 laptop is too old idea if one could transfer hdmi signal , data , power through one port ..

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
So the Broadwell MBP is here. Force Touch trackpad, longer battery life, faster flash, and Broadwell...that seems to be about it.

That70sGAdawg

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2008
Athens, GA USA
Headed to the Apple store shortly for the new 13 rMBP, the "new" 1st gen , no fan, MacBook with less battery and a smaller screen coming April 10 to LONG lines near you doesn't move me ...

Jayayess1190

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2013
Skylake is going to be the big redesign with hopefully wireless charging and more. The October event will be exciting. But still I was thinking the Broadwell update would slim it down a bit.

catan

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2014
Yup, no love for the 15" rMBP yet. But we knew this already, Broadwell quad-cores weren't quite ready.

radioking

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Dual 4K monitor support!

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840 by 2160 pixels on up to two external displays, both at millions of colors."

latapi

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2010
Skylake is going to be the big redesign with hopefully wireless charging and more. The October event will be exciting. But still I was thinking the Broadwell update would slim it down a bit.

How likely is this? I'm in the market for a 13" MacBook Pro, but I could wait until October. If it's not VERY likely, I'll get the "new" rMBP today.

Tiwwaa

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2015
In Sweden this update meant a 250$ increase in the 13" rMBP price, across the line :(. Would you guys recomend buying the new version or getting the old (cheaper one) from another retailer who still has it in stock?
I'm in dire need of a new computer

mosher

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2013
Germany/Ukraine
In Sweden this update meant a 250$ increase in the 13" rMBP price, across the line :(. Would you guys recomend buying the new version or getting the old (cheaper one) from another retailer who still has it in stock?
I'm in dire need of a new computer

i would go for a new one.
250$ in Sweden is like 1 visit to mcdonalds

tawfiqmp

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2009
Houston, TX

How sure are you of this? I'm willing to wait till October is there's any basis to this rumor.

Jayayess1190

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2013
How sure are you of this? I'm willing to wait till October is there's any basis to this rumor.

Skylake is coming out in the 2nd half of this year. Other sites report it is on time and bringing a lot of innovations and Intel's partners do not want it slowed down and delayed. Come October I really believe we will see newly redesigned 13" and 15" plus a Skylake Core M 2nd gen Macbook.

Sumter

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2014
I'm pretty sure redesign based around Skylake chip will come either Q4 of this year, or Q1-Q2 of next year. It can't be that far away; I am holding off buying a 13" rMBP because of this.

I currently have a 13" MBA that works fine with what I need; I just want the retina screen, but then again, if I can it's better to get a nicer laptop.

charea

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2015
rMBP hardware changes

So the Broadwell MBP is here. Force Touch trackpad, longer battery life, faster flash, and Broadwell...that seems to be about it.

Actually here are all hardware changes:

RAM: the 1600MHz DDR3L is replaced by faster 1866MHz LPDDR3
SSD: 2 x faster apparently.
Touchpad: with the fancy taptic sensor
Processor: Broadwell with Iris 6100
Battery: 71.8wh got a boost to 74.9wh

Not that bad actually.

Codeseven

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2008
Actually here are all hardware changes:

RAM: the 1600MHz DDR3L is replaced by faster 1866MHz LPDDR3
SSD: 2 x faster apparently.
Touchpad: with the fancy taptic sensor
Processor: Broadwell with Iris 6100
Battery: 71.8wh got a boost to 74.9wh

Not that bad actually.

I think it's pretty good, actually friggin' fantastic, but thats because i'm looking to get rid of my aging 2008 MBP. The question I (and i think many others) have is, will the upcoming Skylake laptops be 'that much' better? i'm willing to continue waiting but only if Skylake is expected to live up to it's hype.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
I think it's pretty good, actually friggin' fantastic, but thats because i'm looking to get rid of my aging 2008 MBP. The question I (and i think many others) have is, will the upcoming Skylake laptops be 'that much' better? i'm willing to continue waiting but only if Skylake is expected to live up to it's hype.

I have a hunch that Apple was busy getting the 12" MacBook ready and didn't have a lot of time to tweak the Airs or Pros. If I had to guess, the Skylake update will probably bring a few design changes - and the Skylake chipset itself might be worth waiting for.

I plan to wait, but mainly because my rMBP is only two years old and I'm still very happy with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.