"Waiting for changes to reconcile"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adampol15, Jun 25, 2011.

1. adampol15, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011

adampol15 macrumors member

adampol15

I know that this has been discussed in the iOS 5 Beta 2 thread but I thought I would bring it to clearer light in a thread. Since updating my MacBook Pro 10.6.8., iTunes 10.5 to Beta 2, and iOS 5 on my iPhone to Beta 2, my iTunes freezes on "Step 7 of 7: Waiting for changes to reconcile."

[​IMG]

Even through WiFi Sync, my phone is physically done with the sync but the iTunes remains stuck on this message. It's also impossible to (X) out of the sync on the top bar.

ALSO, you also cannot Sync your device while this message is up, even though the device is not currently syncing. (It also fails if you attempt to Sync from Settings > General > iTunes Sync > Sync)

Is anyone else experiencing this problem and/or has found a solution?

Thanks,
    Adam

2. Icedog macrumors member

I saw that this morning. I quit out of iTunes, gave it a minute or so then restarted the sync from iPhone. It synced great, moved over my daily assortment of podcasts including video. Very nice.

3. adampol15 thread starter macrumors member

adampol15

Did you reopen iTunes before you restarted the sync? I just tried this and I got this message on my iPhone:

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Adam

4. Icedog macrumors member

yeah, I get that too.. you'll also not see it under devices in iTunes. Give it a minute or two and it will show up.

5. adampol15 thread starter macrumors member

adampol15

I mean, iTunes needs to remain opened on your Mac for any wireless syncing to start...I guess? If iTunes isn't open on my computer, the iPhone won't allow syncing until "____'s MacBook Pro" is available. And I tried starting the Sync from the phone and my iTunes is still stuck on "Waiting for changes to reconcile."

-Adam

6. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

I get an error at the end of my Wifi syncs. It still syncs, just gives an error at the end. It's beta 2. Things are looking nice!

7. adampol15 thread starter macrumors member

adampol15

Is the error on your iPhone or Mac? And yeah, things are looking extremely nice. I love the update to the Notifications on the lock screen.

-Adam

8. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

I'm having this error too. Either it's over Wifi sync or USB.

9. rossmorgan29 macrumors newbie

Hey Adam. I'm getting the same thing as you man. The iPhone does it on occasion. But the iPad 2 does it every time without fail. Like you said. Either with a cable. Or over wifi. It does it every time. Just a bug in the beta 2 I guess. No biggie it'll get worked out

10. nashstruck macrumors newbie

Same here I'm on ipad 2!

Are your books getting synced over? Mine aren't :( ...

11. rossmorgan29 macrumors newbie

Haven't checked on the books. And I don't have the iPad with me ATM. But I can tell you that the books are missing from my phone. Oh well. All in good spirits of a potentially amazing AND trouble free operating system :p lol

12. rossmorgan29 macrumors newbie

As well as the fact that the apps that currently work on my phone (chase bank etc) are dwindling with each passing update it seems

13. adampol15 thread starter macrumors member

adampol15

Yeah I was just hoping I could find a solution to the problem on here.....I still have to check the developer forums and see if there are any solutions posted on there. I've just been ejecting the iPhone after every sync so the Waiting for changes to reconcile goes away.

-Adam

14. rossmorgan29 macrumors newbie

Yeah I've been doing the same thing. Just noticed something else too. All of the pictures in my photo library are a ****** resolution. They look absolutely horrible. I may have to erase all content tonight and sync from scratch again

15. xkon macrumors newbie

I had this issue until i reinstalled the beta itunes - then it synced up ok

16. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

I have the same problem.

17. adampol15 thread starter macrumors member

adampol15

Did you just uninstall iTunes and reinstall it?

-Adam

18. DeuxIt macrumors member

My iPhone was doing this. iPad was not. Over wifi and usb. repeated attemps, no change.

EASY SOLUTION >> ADD ONE PODCAST TO IPHONE >> RESYNC

seems to be fixed. photos still showing up as "other" but that is listed in release notes.

19. kometen macrumors member

kometen

Looks like my macbook pro has to be on the same 2.4 Ghz band as the iphone before it becomes visible via wifi. Adding one podcast resolves the issue. Thank you! :)

20. adampol15 thread starter macrumors member

adampol15

Hmm, so adding a podcast made this error go away; however, I'm now getting this:

[​IMG]

...What?
    -Adam

21. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Adding one podcast did not solve the problem.

And Adam, I am also getting the same issue. It seems to fully sync though, just keep having the error pop up.

22. lermal macrumors regular

lermal

I was getting the same error as well - OS X 10.6.8, iOS 5 Beta 2, iTunes 10.5 Beta 2. I rebooted both my MBP & iPhone (don't know if that really matters though), and sync'd via USB. The error went away but the "waiting for changes to reconcile" was seemingly stuck. I "added" a movie (thanks DeuxIt), clicked sync, and the issue is gone.

23. lakemoore macrumors newbie

Seems to be fixed

I quit iTunes then reopened. I also reset both of my iDevices. This seems to have fixed the problem.

24. DeuxIt macrumors member

reboot computer and power/home/wait-till-apple-logo the iphone.