Waiting For Santa Rosa MacBook Thread

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eidorian, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I ordered my midrange Macbook today for the nice price of $1270 education. (Note: I sold my iMac Core Duo for $1,200 back in May. ;) )

Apple has been prompt with my 9:50 AM EDT order and has already charged me for it.

Now who else waited this this nice update to the MacBooks?

2. foidulus macrumors 6502a

I am

though I am holding off on ordering it till Black Friday, partially because I am overseas but coming home for Christmas so I can't get it shipped to me directly and partially because last year Apple offered $101 off on Black Friday and I could combine it with my corporate discount(brings the price down to $1121+tax if they have the same setup as last year)

I guess I am dependent on Apple having the same sale again this year, but waiting shouldn't kill me. My powerbook has served me this long, it can go a little longer.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I'll be purchasing tomorrow all things working out.

4. Eidorian thread starter macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Now that's an idea but I do get an education discount. I think the extra few dollars I pay are worth it so I can get it ASAP.

I have family with corporate discounts. ;)

Nice to see you got one too. :p

5. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

I'll be buying it when I see some sigh of it on singaporean soil :D

6. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

When they finally bother to update our store?!
    I'm really disappointed they haven't changed the design; what can they update in January other than that?

7. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

its tempting....but school costs way to much...I guess I will make my iMac last for 2 1/2 more years.....:(.....I guess that just means there will be some really really great stuff out by the time I can upgrade:):apple:

8. iViking macrumors 6502

I'm going to get the base model and upgrade it to 4 GB ram and the Western Digital 320 GB HD, if I can find it in stock.

9. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

Combo Drive :eek:

10. thies macrumors regular

If all goes as planned I'll buy the low end model on the 12th.

11. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

Ehem, Combo Drive?! :eek:

12. foidulus macrumors 6502a

Just out of curiosity

how long does it usually take for resellers to stock a new model once Apple announces it?

13. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Cheers

That is one of the things that need to go to plan.

I'll be going for the base model, i know it has a combo drive but i can't justify the extra price for something that i don't use and if i do need to use it i can go to my iMac.

14. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

In that case, good call.
    I'm giving in, I'm getting a BlackBook, any comments on the durability of the case to ease my nerves?

15. Trooperof3 macrumors regular

I'll be buying a MacBook before christmas, using the Education discount.

I wonder would I get an EXTRA discount on Black Friday from my Education Discount? The Cheaper the better.

16. T-Mac macrumors member

I'm not waiting any longer. As soon as Amazon has them in stock I'll order the mid-level white model.

Finally - I'm about to own a Mac!

17. foidulus macrumors 6502a

Last year they didn't allow combining edu discounts and the black friday discount. Whether or not the corporate discount combo was a mistake or not, I don't know, but there is no guarantee they will even offer a discount this year at all.

18. thies macrumors regular

what about it? had one for years and burned exactly one. can keep it around in an external case. certainly no need to waste money on that.

19. portuglish08 macrumors member

Yayy!!!

:apple:I Finally got a macbook, I have now switched from my gateway to macbook! I was so suprised to get up today and see the update on the internet! I got ready and went right to the apple store! Now I'm just trying to get used to the macbook, it's quite easy! I'm loving it! :-D:apple:

20. mavherzog macrumors 6502

On thursday, Nov 8th, I will be making a trip to the Apple store to see the new MacBooks (white and black) and the 15" MBP's side by side (by side). I will walk out of the store with which ever one makes me grin the widest. :D

21. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

22. Eidorian thread starter macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Looks like mine shipped yesterday afternoon. I'll more then likely get it on Tuesday but I hope for Monday since it's barely a state away. :eek:

23. KristenM macrumors regular

Went to my local Apple store today and I am now the proud owner of my first MacBook :) Along with my 2 month old iMac, I have now become a complete Mac convert.
    I got the 2.2Ghz one with 2Gb RAM.
    It's gorgeous and I'm in love!!
    Leopard came pre-installed, no drop in sadly, so I'll have to buy a copy for my iMac still. I only just set it up so I haven't played much but the one thing I can say is my internet connection has never been so fast! Pages are just instantly opening. I'm not quite sure why that is but I'm very happy about it!

24. Eidorian thread starter macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

25. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I ordered mine this morning and shipping on the 8th and scheduled for delivery 19th-20th. Only 2 whole weeks to wait. :(