Waiting for Speck cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ty7u5, Sep 13, 2014.

1. ty7u5 macrumors member

Who else is (im)patiently waiting for Speck to put their iPhone 6/+ cases up for sale? I have exclusively used Speck Candyshell cases since my 4S and would really rather not purchase another case I do not like in the interim. I wish they would do preorders as well. Hopefully they could get orders ready for Monday, as their shipping tends to be quite fast. Thoughts?

2. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502a

JonathanK81

I definitely am. I'm wishing they had the MightyShell available for the Plus. I love that Orange/Blue/Grey combination.

3. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

4. guitarwiz23 macrumors member

I ordered a spigen for 6.50 shipped, on the 5s and galaxy s5 it has 1600 reviews 4.5 stars so I feel good about the purchase. In the past I have used speck pixelskin HD, but it does not look like they will be making it for te 6+ as of now. I planned on ordering it once it came out but I have a feeling I may end up sticking with this spigen.

5. kds786 macrumors regular

kds786

They've released some but I don't care for them, at least for the 6+

6. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502a

JonathanK81

As I said earlier, I prefer the MightyShell, but the Candyshell Grips for the 6 Plus are fine. Pretty much different color ways of the popular Grip from the 5.

7. CKohkah macrumors 6502

I Picked this one up today at my local AT&T store. Black/Slate Grey Candy shell for my space grey iPhone 6.

[​IMG]

8. stickybuns macrumors 6502

I'm very pleased with the protection Candy Shell has given to my 4S. I'm thinking of going with the Candy Shell Grip for the 6 since I tend to have butterfingers. Too bad I don't like the colors :(

I have this one on my white 4S. It's pretty :eek:

[​IMG]

9. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502a

JonathanK81

Did you happen to see any Candyshells for the 6 Plus in stock?

10. CKohkah macrumors 6502

I only saw the Candyshells with the grips for the 6 Plus. No regular candyshells like the one I got. They had the white with black grips and the black with the grey grips for $40.

11. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502a

JonathanK81

Thank you, that's what I meant. As of right now, Speck doesn't have any "regular" Candyshells for the 6 Plus. I called my local AT&T Corp Store, and they don't have any in stock as of yet. I'm looking for a specific color Candyshell Grip for my incoming 6 Plus, and was hoping to find it since I get a discount on the cases through AT&T. Hate to pay full price via Speck.

12. kds786 macrumors regular

kds786

I like the plain candyshells so I'm still hoping for that. :)

13. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502a

JonathanK81

I bet they will have them, I just wonder when. If they had a color way I absolutely loved, I'd give-up the Grip for a regular. I just think with the size of the Plus, I'd like all the "grip" I can get. No pun intended.

14. kds786 macrumors regular

kds786

Haha! True!

15. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I've been planning on picking up a grip for my 6 Plus since I have one for my 5S and love it, but I don't like any of the colours they have so far. Hopefully they will have something brighter soon or also bring out some regular candyshells.

16. ItalianBoston macrumors regular

I hope they make a pixel skin HD case for the 6+. I love that case.

17. stickybuns macrumors 6502

What case will everyone be using will they wait for the Speck cases to come out. I don't feel like spending a fortune on a case, but I also don't want to get a piece of junk!

18. mojito macrumors member

Speck is so over, when there are new companies that are always renewing themselves nowadays like Spigen, Cimo, Supcase, Verus Speck's cases just seem outdated to me i dont know what anyone else thinks.

19. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I cycle through cases depending on what I'm doing so I love CandyShell's for when I need a more protective case.

I'm getting this one when it becomes avail.
    [​IMG]

20. Zarx macrumors newbie

21. ItalianBoston macrumors regular

I've had this case before. In my experience the finish rubs off very quickly. Any one else have that issue?

22. stickybuns macrumors 6502

My "lipstick pink/jay blue" grip case just arrived.

I'm very pleasantly surprised that the phone won't be as wide as I has initially feared. When I tried out my brother's Galaxy S3, I couldn't reach across the screen to type. The case does indicate that the phone's height is outside my reach, so I will be relying heavily on the "Reachability" feature.

23. kds786 macrumors regular

kds786

The inked cases are growing on me actually, so I may get one of those.

24. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Speck has been one of my favorite case makers for years. Can't wait to get a CandyShell. I like that they aren't too bulky but provide a lot of protection with the rubber lip. Went to my local AT&Ts to see if they had any, but they only had Speck ones for the 6. Limited selection of all cases for 6+. :confused:

25. andrewtm macrumors regular

I just got this one too, so glad they had it in stock! Mine has an indent on the rubber top though near the earpiece, does yours too? It doesn't seem like a defect because its very precisely cut