Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saphir

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
my pixelskin hd has been on my old phone for forever...really hoping they make one for the 6!

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
Waiting for the Purple Mightyshell to become available from BB. Also interested in their inked Candyshell case, but I most likely will order one during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.

rdiz17

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2012
Grabbed a black candyshell grip today at BB for my space gray 6. I'm very happy with it. Fits great.

I returned an Otterbox Commuter for a Candyshell because the Commuter's fit was terrible. The Candyshell on the other hand fits perfectly.

ItalianBoston

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Boston
I hope that they come out with a very thin case. I've realized that even a case thats a little bit bulky makes it more difficult to use the 6 plus.

smileycon

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2014
wow, the Speck Black/Slate Grey CandyShell Card Case looks very good!
61F4mwaN6lL._SL1500_.jpg

rgusa8

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2013
Bought the white/black Speck Grip after so many issues with Otterbox. Fits like a glove!! Not used to feeling the heat the phone throws off though.

Last edited:

chadx85

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2012
anyone know if the speck candyshell grip for 6 plus are available in store at best buy yet?

SAMCROforever

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
How do you like the grip case? Do the ridges ever get uncomfortable? How is the button response? I was thinking about getting this myself for my 6+.

Love it! Definitely recommend it. Grip is perfect and still makes the phone feel really slim. I had the spigen neo armor metal on before this, and definitely like this one way better. Ridges don't get uncomfortable at all, and the cutouts and buttons are perfect.

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
I got my very first Speck case for my new iPhone 6 this weekend. It's the candyshell version without the rubber grips. I'm really loving it. The case definitely makes the phone feel better in my hand and I don't fear dropping it as much. However, I discovered that the cover is a real pain to take off. I guess I just won't change cases that much but it's still annoying. Does anyone have any tips for taking the case off? With all the threads about people accidentally bending their iPhones, I don't want to be the moron that breaks their iPhone while taking off a case. lol.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I/we **loved** the CandyShells we had on the iPad1s we had. In fact, that is all mine had been in until I traded it in with Target last November. It was scratched, but still in great shape on the edges and such.

So I bought myself a red one for my iPhone 4 last Christmas.... it sucks. The rubber is totally gone on the edges from going in and out of my pocket - i'm guessing the next tumble to the floor it will crack the screen, there is no lip left.

Which means I stood at BestBuy and talked myself out of another one...

Can anyone tell me if they have had similar problems with newer ones? I'm trying to convince myself it was because it was "old" and sitting around, therefore the rubber was icky or something.....

It could be a knock off too - I dunno, I'm just now leary. I loved it when I first got it.

I bought an Incipio at verizon to hold me over for the Spigen card case I ordered, but the Incipio is pretty but kinda really slippery. And hard to power off.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 10.09.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 10.09.56 AM.png
    287.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 10.10.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 10.10.36 AM.png
    677.7 KB · Views: 102

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
I cycle through cases depending on what I'm doing so I love CandyShell's for when I need a more protective case.

I'm getting this one when it becomes avail.

I got this one at the ATT store near my office today. I don't normally like the color choices and the big Speck logo on the back, but I wanted something to put my phone in when I am running or cycling (besides that I doubt I will use a case much as this phone feels too good naked).

Not a bad case, but my only complaint is that it is very hard to get the phone out of and I am worried one of these days I'll bend my phone taking it out. The iPhone 6 is pretty thin after all.

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
I got this one at the ATT store near my office today. I don't normally like the color choices and the big Speck logo on the back, but I wanted something to put my phone in when I am running or cycling (besides that I doubt I will use a case much as this phone feels too good naked).

Not a bad case, but my only complaint is that it is very hard to get the phone out of and I am worried one of these days I'll bend my phone taking it out. The iPhone 6 is pretty thin after all.

Do you remember if your ATT store had any other colors than black? I'm looking for the girly colors. lol.

My concern is bending the phone when I take the case off the phone. It's very difficult! I wish I knew a trick to make taking the case off easier. Maybe it'll keep me from obsessively changing cases though.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008

I was afraid of that when I first started using the cases but it's not really that hard/scary once you get used to it. Basically, the case is bendier than the phone. haha. You'd have to really put pressure on it on bend it. There are videos on how to pop it out. I feel the opposite about the naked phone. It feels slippery and weird in my hands.

I just got the black/gray grip case...awaiting other colors.

pe93co

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2012
I really hope the candy shell series comes out with more colors soon.
The ones they have right now are just bleh :(
Does anyone know if Speck will make a PixelSkin HD series for iPhone 6??
I absolutely love that case and it has protected my 4S through 2 years of constant dropping.

The candy shell grip series looks like they have some decent color combinations but... the grips really dont look that good to me. I'm sure it provides excellent gripping though.

fouramphonecall

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2010
I've seen come complaints elsewhere on here that the new candyshell cases have a bigger/thicker 'lip' that gets annoying with side-swipe gestures. Has anyone with the regular or grip cases had this experience?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.