Waiting in the morning at a store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tominsung, Mar 30, 2011.

1. tominsung macrumors newbie

Does any1 know if i can get an ipad if i wait outside a store in the morning (say from 7am?). If so, I'm willing to do that...but dont want to get there and realise that i have to reserve one to get one from the stock...

2. tominsung thread starter macrumors newbie

3. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Apple Stores are first come first serve. They don't do reservations.

4. bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

bassanoclapper

5. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Oh... well no idea then. Sorry didn't realize they did reservations in the UK.

6. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

They do the same in Australia.

I am not sure, they generally get deliveries around midday here, and advised me that online reservations come first, but if you get in after a delivery, before online reservations are made, you might be lucky.

Talk to someone in the store, go in to talk, over the phone might not do you much good.

Ask them when they expect delivery, and if they can put one aside for you , heck, even ask if you can pay now and pick up when it comes in to reserve it.

7. threeputt macrumors member

And Canada as well, works great, no lines and I was in and out this morning with my new iPad 2 in less than 10 minutes.

8. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Wow, I did not know they did reservations in other countries. Why don't they do that here in the U.S. Anyone know?

9. goMac macrumors 603

I've been asking this since launch.

10. threeputt macrumors member

It just started a couple of days ago here in Canada, although our launch was not until the 25th. Great system, I hope they continue to do this for other product launches as well.

11. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

I think demand in the US is too high, and reserving them online, just opens the doors for loads of people to stock up, as you can reserve 2 per visit, there would be people doing 2 a day for a month and then reaping profits from countries that can't get them or by selling them in little stores for profit.

Sure, it can happen antywhere, but we saw what happened at the launch in the States.

12. goMac macrumors 603

I don't think you're allowed to reserve more than two total. The pages track your info.

It also defeats scalping because anyone can reserve ahead of the scalpers. You don't have to get in line at 4 AM to beat the scalpers any more.

13. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

There's no guarantee you'll get one if youu line up. Your best bet is to check the inventory trackers for target, best buy and walmart, then go to one that shows that it has stock. It's worked for me.

14. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Apple probably didn't do an online reserve in the states because they didnt want another oracle server to explode in the data center like with the iPhone 4 launch, then have everyone pissed off like "grr apple stole my first born!" and "man apple really blew it they should have gauged the load" (pun intended) or my favorite "ugh I heard Apple only had 1 iPad in stock and they are just stifling stock to make it seem popular, even though everyone I know is also trying to get one right now!"

15. 26.2 macrumors member

Yes.