Wake function (magnets) not working [SOLVED: Lockinfo]

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by geko29, Jul 7, 2011.

1. geko29, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011

geko29 macrumors 6502

Ever since the jailbreak, the wake function of my cover doesn't work if the iPad is locked. Per security policy, I have to have a passcode, and previously, opening the cover would bring up the keypad to unlock it. Now the screen stays dark. Once it's unlocked, sleep/wake works perfectly until the idle timer expires and it re-locks.

Anybody else noticed this, or found a workaround? It's not a dealbreaker by any means and it's probably something I have configured wrong, but it'd be nice to fix if I could.

2. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

No problem here, i jbroke my ipad 2 yesterday, maybe go to settings general ipad cover lock unlock and check if the togle is on !

3. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

I have the exact same issue. Once it's awake the magnets work fine but letting it sit overnight causes it not to wake unless I press the power button. I also have the security policy for my work so maybe that has something to do with it.

4. geko29 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's definitely on, as it works flawlessly as long as the password lock hasn't re-activated, which happens after15 minutes of inactivity. It's only when opening the cover would normally bring up the keypad (as opposed to going straight to the home screen) that I get nothing.

5. keigo macrumors regular

I had this problem too but found that it is lockinfo causing the problem. Once you uninstall it. The wake from magnet will work again.

6. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

Keigo I concur that Lockinfo is the culprit.
    Uninstalled it and all is working fine now.

7. geko29 thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting...I had uninstalled winterboard and re-enabled lockinfo on the lockscreen (previously had it set only to infoshade because I was using weather elements). After turning Lockinfo back on, the wake worked exactly once while the device was locked, but I just checked again and it is back to the way it was.

Thanks for calling it out guys. I'll wait for David to issue an update, he's usually pretty good about stuff like that. And as I said, it's not a dealbreaker, just good to know the cause.