Walmart

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adamwt28, Jun 23, 2010.

1. adamwt28 macrumors newbie

Living in a smaller town it looks like Walmart is my only option. They have one in stock. I'm gonna give it a try at 8AM? Anybody else gonna try Walmart? I guess I just stand at the electronics desk if I'm the first one. Correct?

2. bobdigi macrumors regular

Do you post random thoughts from your brain all of the time?

3. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

That's what I'm assuming, but I'd get there earlier than 8am. I'm thinking of going to mine by 7.

4. adamwt28 thread starter macrumors newbie

So, I'm not real sure why this is considered a random thought. Just wanted to see how other Walmart people were going to try to get one. Not sure why that is considered dumb. Also, that should have said 5AM. That is when I am going to go there.

5. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

I didn't think it was dumb, personally. My plan is also to go to Walmart. I know they're getting one and that's it. I'm hoping if I get there early enough, I should be able to get the one they have in stock. I'm also hoping that due to the ridiculously limited stock, other people will avoid Walmart which gives me more of a chance at the one they'll have. Of course, I'll know in roughly 6 hours whether or not my plan pans out.

6. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Might want to get there a little earlier than 8AM.

7. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

My local Walmart is also receiving one, but I didn't bother to ask if it was 16GB or 32GB, because I assumed it would be gone anyhow.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You just got to know when to ignore some people on here. I doubt he even read your whole post.

9. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

Possibly, but to me, it wouldn't hurt to get up and get there by 6, and if no one is waiting around, you could wait for it and it'd be yours. Worst case scenario, you're up early and can go home to sleep instead.

10. derek4484 macrumors 6502

What time?

I was thinking of going to Walmart as well. What time will they be able to start selling the iphones? I remember when the Moto Droid first released, some walmarts were selling them at like 11pm the night before the official release.

My initial thought was to try and get there 6:30-7ish

11. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

They'll sell'em starting at 8am. The sales person I asked was very firm on this, so don't expect to get it before that.

12. BConvery macrumors regular

Go now and see if you can ninja it. You might get someone who will sell it to you....either way, I hope you get it :)

13. jstarr2679 macrumors newbie

Im curious does walmart mobile center have the ability to look up your account to see if your eligible for the discount price and not some full price crap and x amount deposit needed?

14. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

Just look on AT&T's web site. If it says you're eligible there, then Walmart can give it to you at the subsidized price.

15. jstarr2679 macrumors newbie

Thanks, Just wasn't sure if they were going to hit me with a credit deposit like att did when i first joined them back in 09 . I assume a credit deposit is only for the new customers perhaps.

16. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

No problem. I think the deposit is only for those with new/limited credit. I had several months of established credit (I was 20 at the time) and they gave me an iPhone without a deposit. So they may or may not charge it to you.

17. creeman macrumors 6502

Did walmart only receive 16gb versions? Or did they also get 32gb?

18. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

Some got 32GB, but most only received 16GB. You'd have to check with your local store to see what, if anything, they received.

19. creeman macrumors 6502

Dang, easier said then done sir. I dont think anyone at my local walmart knows what an iPhone is, let alone, the 4th generation of it!

20. tclamp07 macrumors member

Agreed. My local wal mart has given me a few different answers ranging from "we have 7 total" to "we wont be receiving any for 2 to 3 weeks":confused:

21. jstarr2679 macrumors newbie

22. adamwt28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I got here right after 5 and secured the first spot in line. A guy came up 15 minutes later so I am feeling good about my timing. He is still hanging around so I hope I don't have to go to the bathroom.

23. ajsimeon macrumors regular

I got here at 6:30 and am first in line to get the only one in stock. Im excited.

24. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Can you guys let us know if Walmart is selling the Bumpers as well ? Thx.