Want a Free Color Case from Apple? WAIT!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DJUK, Jul 23, 2010.

1. DJUK macrumors member

DJUK

I just got off the phone from Apple Customer Service and I simply asked why the color bumpers were not available. I won't say the guy's name in case, but he told me that the cases available now is NOT THE FULL LIST of cases and that all of them will be completely listed in a few hours. Just wanted to give the tip!

2. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

confirmed?

sounds just like all the folks who said the white phone was coming soon. ;)

3. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Wont believe it unless you say the guys name.

4. bababoey14 macrumors regular

Hmmm well that is butch stuff by apple if true. When you start the program the list should be complete...shady. Regardless...I ordered 2 hours ago and have to wait till SEPTEMBER 8th to get my case.....very poor apple...sad indeed

5. miamihacker macrumors regular

6. xtend macrumors regular

thats bogus!

why would they do that.. it'll cause mayhem once other colors are in and some want to cancel their black order :rolleyes:

7. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Not sure if I buy this, BUT... it sort of makes sense as there are probably a lot more black cases and they wanted to make a dent in them before unleashing everything. But again, you're gonna have pissed off people again. lol.

With Apple, it NEVER pays to be the first one on board. Patience will reward you.

8. DJUK thread starter macrumors member

DJUK

i wouldnt say confirmed but i will call back in a few to check again because it does depend on who you talk to. Not all of the staff there have the same answer!

9. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

10. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I don't by this, but you never know. Doesn't make sense to update their free cases, I think they just want people to have them and just shut up already

11. KidStallyn macrumors 6502

KidStallyn

12. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

WTH...I ordered a black one cause I thought they were only offering black. If they add more colors I hope they allow me to change my order. My estimated shipping date is over a month away so that shouldn't be a problem

13. bova80 macrumors 6502a

since they won't ship til the end of august i am sure you have plenty of time to make a change if you have too.

14. ljx718 macrumors 6502

Is it honestly a big deal? I don't care what apple does. I just hate ppl that complian so much. Reception problem - " I want a free case!" ok you get a free case - " why do we have to wait a week to order!?" cases are up to order -" wtf there's only black" shipping is 3 -5 weeks- "I can't believe my case is going to take till September!

there will be color cases later on- " why is apple the devil and not let me pick the color of my FREE case? I want to return it now!"

I hope you never get yours.

15. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

online order status does not allow a change or cancel

16. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Don't believe it.

If Apple did this, then there would be all the whiners trying to call them up to change their free black bumper to some other color resulting in more headaches and time wasted.

I could be wrong. I was once.

I figured I might was well order my free black bumper ASAP to get it faster because if you order tomorrow, you are going to be waiting a while for your case/bumper to show up and then you will be whining even more.

17. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

LOL only once, wish I had that track record, I'm wrong like 4 times a day! hahaha;)

18. ultravioletfly macrumors regular

My hunch is that Apple has their supplier churning out more lines (black) of bumpers as fast as possible by switching all the super-duper color injectors to black. For now, that might be their shot at meeting as much demand as possible. Have a crapload of black bumpers, which I might argue is the more popular choice, and not have to worry about over-producing the other colors.

19. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Your opinion is noted. But I must dash your hopes because I will definitely get mine. All I said was that I hope they allow me to change my order, and I think they will.

20. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

I am amazing that it takes them so long to make bumpers. How long does it take?

They are cranking out iPhone 4s faster than bumpers.

The bumper is just a single piece of rubber.

That Don't Make No Sense!

21. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Then they would have to update the app. They wouldnt just throw this app out if theyve had a week to work on it.

22. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Um, it's plastic surrounded by rubber, with metal button covers built into it. Not just a simple rubber case. It's actually a very high quality case. I really don't get the bumper bashing.

23. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Thanks for the info. I have not seen one in person so did not know that.

Even though bumpers are meant to be bashed (that was the original reason anyway) nobody is bashing.

My statement still stands though that they are cranking out iPhone 4 faster than bumpers.

24. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Makes sense, especially if they run low of a particular style and need to add something else. It even says "subject to change and availability."

25. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Unless its an item being removed because of such demand I doubt they will add any new cases. Most people will just grab what they are offered in hopes of beating the rush so maybe they will get theirs before the end of time. Wish they had offered colored bumpers but instead went with the speck tartan. By the time it gets here if I decide I hate it I am sure there will be more options to buy a case at which time I might do that.