Want a great deal on an iPad Pro 9.7?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dannyar, Apr 11, 2016.

1. dannyar macrumors 6502

check your local Best Buy. The one store I went to today had 6 open item models of different capacities and colors. I picked up the space grey 32gb for only 480$. Checked another store on my way home from work and they had 8 open items already in stock. Just giving a heads up for those searching for a deal.

2. BitSlap macrumors member

open box are going for 560. If they are 480, they likely have scratches and dents.

3. Kermit262 macrumors member

Kermit262

Yep, ordered a Wi-Fi 128 GB Space Gray for $705, open box / Geek Squad Certified.

4. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

Um no. I checked it in store before I bought it. The online open box prices are not the same as in store. In store they have the freedom to play with the price depending on how many open items they have in stock and what you are purchasing with the iPad. Why would i come here and tell people if it was a dent d up scratched iPad. Don't assume.

5. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

In my opinion I got the best deal. From Sprint $529 matched Verizon's price $529 over the course of 2 years added to my existing Unlimted Data plan LTE and it's truly Unlimted I've used 200GB of data no charges.
    That's $22 a month much better than dropping $729 for an LTE tablet

6. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

I could of gotten the same deal from T-Mobile for buying the SE. I passed on it because I don't need an LTE device and would have to wait at least 8 weeks to get the 200 rebate in the mail. I paid only 480 instead of 729 up front and am not locked into any data plans or contracts.

7. BitSlap macrumors member

Which Best Buy? I still find it hard to believe. Give me the city and I will call to verify your claim.

8. person123 macrumors member

could you please elaborate? I also am a sprint customer,how'd you go about this, what were the catches etc

9. chrismail627 macrumors regular

chrismail627

How is the condition? Does it look brand new? I just paid $600 for my Pro 9.7 brand new. It's a 32 GB Wifi+Cellular (and I actually don't need the cellular), so I got a good deal.

10. RNGesus macrumors newbie

Just got mine today no discount. Oh well love it so far.

11. jaeb0922 macrumors 6502

jaeb0922

I am also wondering the same. I am also a Sprint customer and would love to haggle them down.

12. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

I am on a SERO plan so it's unlikely others could get such a deal on the monthly data. Otherwise Sprint customer service will match Verizon's $529 price after you purchase the $729 iPad Pro 9.7 LTE version.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

For such a new product, its tough to find actual true deals. Open boxes are your best bet though are truly hit or miss.

14. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

Its just like new. If youre store has multiple returns labeled open box they are more inclined to give you a better deal.

For such a new product best buy open boxes are the best deals you will find. Don't go by the online open box prices. Go into an actual store and they discount it even more off the marked open box price.

15. BitSlap macrumors member

Still waiting to hear what city you found this amazing deal in. I knew you would conveniently not give an answer. The question is, why would you lie about something so silly?

16. SR71 macrumors 68000

Seriously man, relax. He's not lying. The same deals could be had on the larger iPad Pro. I'd know since I managed to snag one for $643 a week after launch. Not sure why you're so weary that this is true, but it is.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 12, 2016 ---
    How'd you get them to discount it even further than the online open box price? There's a few in my area and if I can talk them down on the price even further I'll definitely go pick one up.

17. username: macrumors 6502a

18. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

This information is irrelevant. Are you gonna call the store, ask for the person who helped me, see if he remembers, ask him why he sold it to me at that price? Please give me a break. Call the store in Doral Florida and knock yourself out.

ask if they can do anything better than that since a new one is only 30$ more. They have a margin price that they cant go below so 480$ in my case was still making them money. the other option is ask if they can give you more discount if you buy it with apple care, then just return apple care the next day at another store or the same one and you keep the discount.

19. SR71 macrumors 68000

Really, though, why does he need to? It's not like deals on open box items have never happened before.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 12, 2016 ---
    Sweet, I'll give it a shot once I'm back home and done with school in a few weeks.

20. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I'm with the thread starter on this one... To top off the open box deal, they are offering 10% back on Best Buy Credit purchases this month (returned as MyBestBuy points to use in store).

21. BitSlap macrumors member

22. RedOrchestra Suspended

The Hall Monitor has spoken.

23. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh really grandmaster who joined the forums not even 2 weeks ago? Why don't you give them a call and prove you're foolishness in here to everyone? Admit you were wrong and only then will WE let this one slide.

24. Booloo macrumors regular

Booloo

Absolutely hilarious that someone on here is actually going to spend time calling a Best Buy in a city far from them, have an employee climb up on one of those ladder things, and then give some open box prices... All to tell a stranger on a forum that he or she is lying?

Oh and to the OP, nice score on the new Pro.

25. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

The funny thing is that it isn't even that simple because the price on the box isn't the price I paid. he would have to track down the actual employee who helped me and have that employee remember the price the manager approved it to be sold at. Some people really have nothing else to do.