Want naked iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by missygal, Dec 31, 2010.

1. missygal Guest

missygal

I do have some signal issues when my phone is out of the case. Does anyone have Zagg on the sides and does it help? I would like to just use a pouch but need help with the reception.

Any other ideas are welcome. Thank you

2. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I personally use my phone naked with Wrapsol Ultra from Walmart, works perfect. waterfields has a good pouch you can get to go with it.

3. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

Is it "grippy"?

4. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Well lets see... Not like zagg but it does give more grip on the iphone 4 band then without protection. Never dropped except for once when drunk and nothing happened luckily. Now everytime I go out I put a silicone case on. Overall, love the protection, never used my phone naked for so long before this. Not to mention this wrapsol SP is crystal clear!

5. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

The grip on the sides would be nice. The phone is so slippery!!

6. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

cant beat the wrapsol for 20 bucks at walmart. some say doing wet install will result in a better install but for the money and lifetime warranty its a deal.

7. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I'm with Meltdown on this one. I started a thread about the Wrapsol. If you want to go naked but still have maximum protection, the Wrapsol Ultra with a wet install is the way to go.

8. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

The only reason I was going with Zagg is because I could have them install it. Not sure if I'd be any good doing it myself. :eek:

9. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

the good thing about that is if you mess it up you can get a new one under warranty. wet installs are about as easy as they get.

10. JASApplications, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2011

JASApplications macrumors 65816

There are tutorials on YouTube on how to install Screen protectors. It's a bit fiddly at the start but I'm sure you will get the hang of it. It took me 25 minutes to install my Wrapsol!

11. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

The most grippy clear body protection I've tested was the Bestskinsever.

12. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

Well I went ahead and had Invisable Shield installed on the back and sides.(have PS on front) Helped with the reception issue 100%!! Now I just need a pouch/sleeve!:D

13. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I'm thinkin about doing this now..... And going caseless.... I Been using the switcheasy nude since day 1....

14. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I started with the nude as well and went to tons of cases since, and now I am using my phone caseless with wrapsol. The nude is definitely not one of the better cases..

15. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

thinking of going nude and getting a sleeve type case.

I was considering the BSE cause they sell just the sides and the back which is perfect...if i went with the wrapsol or zagg, i would have to spend 20$ on the whole thing.

Anyone use the BSE on their iphone 4? I had the BSE on my Ipod back about 5 years ago. Does it still have hella orange peel effect? I just want to use the back and sides.

16. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

Now that I got the white back I decided to go back to naked again, with the sides and back covered with best skins ever. Nice and grippy with scratch protection. The build quality if the I4 is suburb, it would be a shame to hide it in a case.

17. X2thaP macrumors member

Why...? I've been using the Nude for weeks now, without any problems at all. I 'slide' my iPhone on my coffee table
    and desk all the time and the case has one tiny scratch on it that you really have to look for in order to see it.
    IMO the SE Nude is as minimal as a case can be.

On the other hand, that Wrapsol film does look nice and sleek, so it might indeed be better or nicer if you really want a 'naked' iPhone.
    Just wondering, don't the corners come off sometimes after your iPhone goes in and out of your pants a couple of times?

18. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

I've been using mine lately with bumper style cases. I got The Blue Griffin Reveal from Best Buy and I think it really complements the phone nicely. I like the look of the phone too, just want to have a bumper style case for lay on the table

19. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

So far loving my phone caseless. Using a Casemate one but still looking for perfect sleeve.

20. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

Hey missy, you seen this sleeve yet?
    http://msandco.myshopify.com/
    There's a thread with reviews somewhere in this forum.

21. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

Other than the dry clean only it deems pretty nice!!

22. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Hi miss I'm using a zagg full body with the incase slim or the sfbags pouch you should check them out

23. missygal, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011

missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

I like them both! The Sfbag one is really nice. I may get the one that phone just slips into.

24. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal