Want To Buy iSight HELP Please!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CoopFLY, Jan 20, 2008.

1. CoopFLY macrumors newbie

CoopFLY

Hi, can anyone help me i want to buy a iSight for my 30" display , is it worth buying a iSight? i like how its firewire and its awesome look. Is the M9330LL/C model the latest version? also what is a good price to spend on a iSight, eBay is selling it from $170 - $400. please any info about buying it would help, also if there is a alternative please tell me.

Thank You

Co0p:apple:

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

eBay's about it, as far as I know. One nice thing it has is auto-focus. That, combined with iGlasses gives you great macro mode. Newer cameras (non-iSight) probably have better low-light ability, but I still find mine very useable, provided I'm using one of the iGlasses presets to increase the brightness.

Make sure the iSight comes with the magnetic mount - early models only came with self-adhesive and PowerBook mounts. You'll need the mag mount for the ACD. I have one of the original iSights, so I was in that boat and had to find a mag mount. "They" (eBay'er of course) got $40 out of me for it, too. It was worth it to me, both to give me a nice mount for my 20" ACD and for the esthetics. It looks very nice on top the ACD.

3. CoopFLY thread starter macrumors newbie

CoopFLY

cool. iGlasses looks good ill try it out. Does anyone know if the external iSight works with Leopard iChat and Skype??? Or is anyone having any problems with theres?

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I don't know about Skype, but it's fully supported in Leopard iChat, QT and PhotoBooth. Lately, I've been using it quite a bit just for its microphone in audio chats. Also, recently bought Delicious Library and used the iSight as a barcode scanner to import a couple hundred DVD's. DL automatically puts the iSight into macro mode, too.

5. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

$170-$400 may seem like a lot of money for a webcam, but boy what a webcam. I agree it looks really nice, the video (when used with iGlasses) is very good but what stunned me is the built in microphone. I was chatting to a friend on iChat and had to go upstair (my computer was downstairs) he could still hear me even when I was 1 floor up and 30-40 feet from the iSight.

6. CoopFLY thread starter macrumors newbie

CoopFLY

I did not know that about the iSight. How much did it cost you guys originally when it was still available from apple?

7. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Whew - long time ago, now. ;)

I think it was $149... (bought it shortly after release)

8. johan.k macrumors regular

9. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

it cost £99 in the UK when I bought mine in May 2006

10. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i don't know if it sold yet, but here's an iSight for sale within this forum for <$200.