Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgal86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
I know I am going to wait for 10.6 to come so the OS can take full advantage of the new graphics.

When will 10.6 come out? Once it comes out, will it be already installed in all new Macbooks? If so, this may in itself be worth waiting for..

bluesTank

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2008
click the apple (top left hand corner) go to system preferences > mouse and keyboard >track pad and deselect/select "ignore accidental trackpad input".

Basically the sides become unresponsive after typing to avoid you accidentally moving the pointer with the sides of your palms.

That is not an option in the my preferences. If it was, it would be nice to finally get it fixed. It is the only thing that I have had problems with this thing. Does anyone know a way to inactivate that?

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
When will 10.6 come out? Once it comes out, will it be already installed in all new Macbooks? If so, this may in itself be worth waiting for..
Nobody outside of Apple knows right now, it could be anywhere from 6-18 months.

HoldFastHope

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Sydney, AU
Matte/non-reflective glass exists.

I don't doubt that it does.

Considering that the old MacBook was gloss only, I'd imagine IF they introduced a matte option it would be for the Pros only.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know what the new ACD's use? I'd say that'd be a good indication of what will eventually filter down into the new Pros.

zer0tails

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Canada
is there really such thing as matte glass? The only thing i can think of is frosted glass, but I don't see how that'll actually help since you won't be able to see anything. :p

To the OP: Usually Rev A products do have issues, and the common advice is to wait. However, the alu macbook from what i've read so far don't have any really serious issues that would prevent you from using and enjoying the computer.

No "moo" noises or core shut downs or things like that.

You can play the waiting game, or you can start enjoying a mac. Even if you waited and got it the first day it's released, few months down the road, there'll be a new one.

Tis the life of a mac user.

HoldFastHope

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Sydney, AU
You can play the waiting game, or you can start enjoying a mac. Even if you waited and got it the first day it's released, few months down the road, there'll be a new one.

It's actually the life of pc users too. Difference is the new ones are out the week after :)

Knolly

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2007
is there really such thing as matte glass? The only thing i can think of is frosted glass, but I don't see how that'll actually help since you won't be able to see anything. :p

Yes, it exists, go into any sort of framing shop and they usually have about half a dozen kinds of glass, among which are some with various degrees of being non-reflective.

macgal86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008

To the OP: Usually Rev A products do have issues, and the common advice is to wait. However, the alu macbook from what i've read so far don't have any really serious issues that would prevent you from using and enjoying the computer.

No "moo" noises or core shut downs or things like that.

Is it at least worth waiting 2-4 weeks from the original release, as this person commented, or is that not really worth it either? I just want to get the best machine possible, but I don't think I have the patience to wait for Rev B or Snow leopard. I do however have the patience to wait another few weeks.

As many others have said, if you care about it being absolutely perfect, then wait 2-4 weeks for Apple to clear up the typical manufacturing problems that usually occur with new products. By then, the most common problems should be worked out, and there shouldn't be all that many problems left (and the ones that would be would probably be minor and take a much longer time to fix).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.