Want to unlock my iphone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kane84, May 29, 2016.

1. Kane84 macrumors newbie

Hello forum I am currently under contract with virgin mobile Canada,I still owe cash on it and if I wanted to unlock it with them its like $65 with tax and a clean monthly bill I am running ios 9.1 and just wondering if I can unlock it myself and how need guide or something or if someone knows someone that can do it for a cheaper price but my first choice would me doing it.Any help is appreciated thanks in advanced

2. SenseiPhone macrumors regular

I don't know if it's legal for unlocking with unlock services available on the net...

3. RedOrchestra, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016

RedOrchestra Suspended

So is it that your bill is in arrears that's driving your want to unlock your phone?

OR, are you still trying to get around this issue that you posted a few months back?

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-5c-help.1948101/

"I just recently bought a new iphone and set a passcode on it but I can't remember what it is.Is there anyway to bypass the passcode lock screen to get into my phone to change it."

4. Kane84 thread starter macrumors newbie

I solved that problem on my own without anyones help so this is a new one now because its a new phone
    --- Post Merged, May 29, 2016 ---
    Like I said I know virgin unlocks for $65 but if I can do it myself I will or I will look on ebay but I wanted to know if someone on here would know someone cheaper and has a good rep

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

There have been unlocking services that came and went on here. I've used swift unlocks before but they've had some bad reputation as of late. The reality is that all of these services rely on someone being in the subdue and having access to white list imei. While it may not be illegal, it's certainly s conflict of interest and very likely grounds for employee termination.

I can tell you that you can't do it yourself. This used to be something we had access to with jaikbreak a, but the work ok unlock tweaks has completely dried up since carriers started offering official unlocks.

Anyway, long story short, just check eBay for the cheapest option with the best feedback. If all else fails you can always request your money back.m from eBay. Personally, if I needed a phone unlocked, $65 doesn't seem bad for an official avenue for unlock. I'd need to be saving at least half that to consider going to a third party (eBay seller).

6. ABC5S, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016

ABC5S macrumors 68040

"its like $65 with tax and a clean monthly bill"

Have a feeling you don't have the cash nor a good credit on the Carrier. Is that true ? Save up the cash and have them do it. Its safer that way.

Look what I found on our MacRumor site. :D

Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 3.45.17 PM.png