Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sargent bannana

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Hello helpful mac community I joined recently. I am 15 years old and was born with a pc in my hands, I have been using a pc my intire life I build pc's and I can probably fix alot of stuff. My recent pc that I have which I built has served me extreamly well, its a gaming pc I am a pretty big pc gamer which is the only reason thats holding me back. I know your all going to tell me to install windows on it if i want to game yada yada yada but the thing is i am not because im not tottaly switching to mac. Im still going to use my pc for gaming if i am going to get anything mac its most likely a macbook. I dont have the room for a imac and dont have the money for a mbp the only thing is I have never used the os i have mess a around with it a little at my local apple store there pretty fun probably the main reson i want to get it is because of ilife and photobooth which I am going crazy over its effects lol. I realy dont know if i am going to like the os after I get it I dont know much about it and how to use it so thats really whats holding me back besides money wise. I like apple and love ipods my favorite thing in the world so i was just wondering lol tell me what you think.
Its because i have just wanted a mac i wanted something cool something nice something apple. Its because of that apple store that i moved near to in staten island mall. I wanted a mac because vista gives me nightmares =(

im going to use ilife mostly and does iwork come with it or no?

JNB

macrumors 604
I refuse to read your post until you use punctuation and capitalization. Thank you.

*twitch* Periods... periods! *twitch*

This isn't a chat room... *twitch*

I think it's called "stream of consciousness."

In any event, get a refurb Mini, keeps the cost to a minimum if it turns out you don't like the Mac experience, and you can use the existing keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Unless you still have PS2 connections, in which case you have larger issues. ;)

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
You really should invest in tutoring before you invest in a computer. Obviously you should only be getting a mac if you're going to be doing some work on it. If you just plan on using a $1,000 computer for Photo Booth I think you need to get your priorities straight.

sargent bannana

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
You really should invest in tutoring before you invest in a computer. Obviously you should only be getting a mac if you're going to be doing some work on it. If you just plan on using a $1,000 computer for Photo Booth I think you need to get your priorities straight.

lol no its not like that its just something thats wanting me to get a Mac. I want something new something cool something apple. i am goign to use it for web browsing maybe install a game or 2 on it amd use ilife which i am thrilled with

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Yep

I second the tutoring option. Unfortunately, Macs don't always make people smarter, teach them how to write or help them mature faster.

Good luck with all of that.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
There used to be reasons to switch from Windows to Mac OS X but now these have all virtually evaporated. Many of the reasons that remain are also far outweighed by the overpricing which Apple engages in.

You can get a much better machine from Dell for the same money as you might spend on a Mac. Do you really think it is worth the hassle learning a new OS?

patrickmacrumor

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2008
The only way to know if a Mac will work for you and suits your needs is to try it for yourself. We can only show people the door, ultimately, they are the ones who will have to walk through it.

I second the others when it comes to writing properly even when writing in a forum. Writing properly will show that you are showing some respect to those who will be reading your post, and thereby, increases your chances of getting a reply.

craigverse

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Reno, NV
Sorry everyone is being so mean... :/

At least he posted it in the right area on the forum, cut the kid some slack people!

Anyways, I'd say go with a mini as well.

Although you won't be photoboothing with the mini... unless maybe you find an external iSight on ebay?

Does photobooth work with USB webcams anyone?

If you can afford it I bet you'd highly enjoy a macbook.

!on

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
I second the tutoring option. Unfortunately, Macs don't always make people smarter, teach them how to write or help them mature faster.

Good luck with all of that.

but may furnish one with a snooty holier than thou attitude.

i see.

sargent bannana

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008

At least he posted it in the right area on the forum, cut the kid some slack people!

Anyways, I'd say go with a mini as well.

Although you won't be photoboothing with the mini... unless maybe you find an external iSight on ebay?

Does photobooth work with USB webcams anyone?

If you can afford it I bet you'd highly enjoy a macbook.

Thank you sir or ma'am. lol i dont mind them its alright i just wanted some advice. and i really dont want a mini i can afford a macbook but not a pro dont really need a pro. Just wanted something i can put photos on and edit videos take with me places scince i need a laptop,don't have one. Surf the web thats pretty much it maybe a game or 2 its just the learning curve is why i really havent switched.

surferfromuk

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2007
There used to be reasons to switch from Windows to Mac OS X but now these have all virtually evaporated. Many of the reasons that remain are also far outweighed by the overpricing which Apple engages in.

You can get a much better machine from Dell for the same money as you might spend on a Mac. Do you really think it is worth the hassle learning a new OS?

If you ask one of the moderators nicely maybe they'll just script an auto-insert of your stock 'don't get a Mac' response into all threads in the buying section to save you doing it ?

You'll still get paid either way but you'll just have more free time this way...

surferfromuk

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2007
Get to an Apple store and have a play, talk to some of the guys and steer yourself towards a White Macbook.

Cheffy Dave

macrumors 68030
Well SB, I've been using/ building PC's since before you were thought of. I'm ancient by your standards, 60. I switched in January 08, bought a BMB, and jumped in. Very impressed, small learning curve, but totally awesome experience. Just think of the simpliest way to do things and that's the way it works on a Mac. My wife fell in love too, and awaits the release of the new MB .
If I can do this, you most certainly can:cool: Just do it, and let me know how you make out.

patrickmacrumor

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2008

I don't think we've been mean. Proof: people have been reading his questions and giving some answers. The problem is that it's very hard to read something written without a minimum use of proper punctuations signs. Some people would just get annoyed and just would not bother reading and answering the questions. That's why I said that writing properly will increase his/her chances of getting more answers to his/her questions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.