WARNING: Bodyguardz Full Body Protection for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chrismac00, Jul 20, 2010.

1. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

Either the iPhone 4 is very fragile or the Bodyguardz full body protection that was installed for me at the mall sucks.

I'm sure it's both things, but I am very mad that the Bodyguardz screen protection didn't cover my phone from a 2 feet drop. Now my screen is cracked and the protector seems like it is fine.

This is just a warning to all to stay away from this product. There are better options out there, this is just a complete rip-off.

I wonder if I can take any action against this company, but I'm sure its under their terms or whatever that they won't cover it.

:'(

2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Screen protectors prevent scratches, not cracks from drops.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

4. mackley4350 macrumors member

mackley4350

Your 100% right but I can understand being upset about having your phone screen cracked. My buddy bought his phone from apple and went to the apple store and explained what happened and they told him as a courtesy they would replace it for him. Maybe give that a try, good luck and I'm sorry about your phone.

5. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Being upset about a broken device is understandable, but saying something is a rip off and wanting to take action against a company because a product didn't do what it wasn't designed to do is not.

6. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was the first time I dropped my iPhone 4 and I am completely disappointed.

& I'm pretty sure that the Power Support film sets protect against cracks. I have dropped my 3GS and nothing happened to it.

I'm just mad about the false advertisement this company is giving on their website and on their stands, saying that their protectors are very strong and that they have passed many tests and stuff when they clearly aren't.

How is it not understandable? That makes no sense. It should offer what the product is designed to do. It should protect your device from these type of accidents.

7. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

They are strong. They dont rip very easily or scratch easily. Think about it for a second. How is a thin skin going to absorb shock? It doesn't...

8. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

If you thought putting a film around your phone would protect it from drops, I'm not sure what else to say.

9. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

The website clearly states that it protects your phone from scratches - it is not designed to protect from drops. You should be upset with Apple for making a phone that would break so easily - they should expect their phones to be dropped. Kind of like how some chairs are expected to be used as step stools even though they're not meant to support someone standing on them.

10. mackley4350 macrumors member

mackley4350

I don't see anything wrong with it. This is an iPhone forum and he is upset. Do I think that anything can really be done about it? No but I'm willing to cut him a break and suggest a way that maybe he can get his phone replaced.

11. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

did u seriously think that think film around ur phone would protect it from falls ? if that was true all the case manufacturers would go outta business..lol but jokes apart.. seriously it does hurt to break a brand new phone.. did u try taking it to an apple store and having it looked at?

12. bloody macrumors member

Explain to me how you thought a screen protector, would protect your phone from shock from impact?

13. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Then it shouldn't be called full protection. They are falsely advertising this on their stands.

Obviously, it was my fault for dropping the phone, but I expected more from this.

14. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

I'd be surprised if he went to an apple store and it wasn't replace if he had it for only a few days. Always worth a shot.

15. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have insurance on the phone and I am getting it fixed. I just actually thought it protected against cracks. Honestly, I thought screen protectors were for that. I could care less about a scratch.

16. bloody macrumors member

It fully protects you from any scratches anywhere on the phone, thats why its a Full body kit, for Full protection.

17. mackley4350 macrumors member

mackley4350

The person at the store told him that they understand accidents happen and most of time if people are honest the will replace the phone as a courtesy. She told us that she replaced 5-6 a week for cracks and water damage since new one came out. OP, give it a shot.

18. ipadder macrumors regular

This is why we we're forced to have warning labels on everything. People are always misunderstanding what they mean.

Actually this one is completely obvious. A film that is only micrometers thick can not protect your phone from a constant acceleration of 9.8 meters per second to 0 over a distance of two feet on to a hard surface.

19. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

I'm gonna wrap my car in vinyl decals and then get mad that it gets smashed up when I drive it in to a wall...class action!!!!!!!!! :eek:

20. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

Quote of the day. This really made me laugh - bravo!

I hope the OP was joking...

21. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

wow really? cant believe im reading this.

you are reading into it wrong. Full protection yes, from scratches.

NOT

full protection from dropping.

they are two different things. Cases are designed to prevent cracking from dropping, not these things.

22. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Am I reading this correctly...?

You have a screen protector and you're mad that it didn't protect from a drop?

23. Psant macrumors regular

24. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I'm sorry, but this is no warning. It's a glass phone! Bodyguardz will not stop it from breaking. There also looks like a Wrapsol suggestion. As much as I want to say that it would protect it from the drop, it still wouldn't.

We're dealing with a glass phone. No amount of film protection is going to stop it from cracking. If you want protection from cracks, get a SquareTrade drops and spills warranty with a good case.

25. Showtime3 macrumors member

rofl, its not designed to protect your phone from drops. its designed to protect your screen from scratches.

sucks that your phone cracked, but dont point fingers