Warning - Lockinfo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by supervelous, Sep 11, 2010.

1. supervelous macrumors 6502

Hi,

Yesterday there was a Lockinfo update in Cydia. I updated and now if I make a Homescreen using Lockinfo, any icons that show up on the homescreen cannot be selected, moved, etc. You can see them but can't click on them at all.

The developer replied to my inquiry on this "Fixed in next update" - which is fine, but if any of you use the below style for your Homescreen do not update. This is my preferred style and I can not use it.

Does anyone know how to downgrade lockinfo and have HTC plug-in for lockinfo with the downgraded version? I downloaded an older cracked version on Cydia (please don't flame me because I PAID for the official version and all my apps and only temp downloaded to see if I could downgrade till next release) but then when I try to install HTC plug-in for lockinfo it also tries to install lockinfo files again which conflict and the installation fails.

I LOVE jailbreaking but hate how every update to Cydia apps can potentially break something else! Is there anywhere I can get an old version of Lockinfo and SSH it in? Help appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

You're on a beta. Go back to the regular version then.

3. supervelous thread starter macrumors 6502

No I was NOT on a beta version when I encountered this problem. I did not have David Ashman's beta repo in my Cydia sources, so I would not have seen a beta release or update in my "Changes" section in Cydia. I recently installed David Ashman's beta repo AFTER I had the problem, because now I am hoping the beta for the next release will have this issue fixed now that he acknowledges he is aware of the issue.

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

The only update to lockinfo in the past week at least has been on the beta source

5. supervelous thread starter macrumors 6502

It's possible it could have been a plug-in or something that has to do with Lockinfo, but I did not have the beta source - I installed after the problem. hmmm, I'll look again maybe someone posted a more recent version in another source I have, would that cause an update to show up in Changes?

I contacted the developer who acknowledged its a problem, so I guess I'll have to check and make sure there's no way I have a beta installed, which I don't see how since I didn't have dev's beta repo source.

For those with Lockinfo, which version are you running? 2.3.6.6 is the one giving me the issue.

6. supervelous thread starter macrumors 6502

Update: Fixed it by installing a cracked older version of Lockinfo that included HTC Plug-in. Hate using crack but I have already paid for the official version and will be going back to it on next update - oh well. I didn't pay the pirates and I supported the developer.

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Sounds like you know your way around LockInfo and Cydia so I believe what you are saying. I've just had no similar issues nor have I heard of any. Yours is one of the few cases where I believe a cracked app is justified. Good luck with the next release.

8. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

The thing I don't like about LockInfo lately is the forecast bar being blank. Usually a reload gets it back in there, but sometimes that doesn't even fix it.

I wish he'd slow down the brakeneck pace he's on as far as updating and only release stable ready to go software. Especially when it's software I pay for.

9. supervelous thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I had no issues until then....I know it's Lockinfo because when I would disable homescreen within lockinfo settings then I'd be able to use the apps again. It wasn't having lockinfo installed, but rather using any of the plugins on the homepage. And of course the dev acknowledged it.

The cracked version now works fine. And yes, I agree this is one of the few situations where a crack is justified. Thanks.

10. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

That forecast glitch was fixed over a week ago.

11. linuxidiot macrumors member

Besides, I thought the glitch only got through in the beta...

12. ckong macrumors regular

supervelous, thanks for the heads up. LockInfo version 2.3.6.6 was posted 9/10/10 to Cydia. I have version 2.3.4.14. I almost updated, but now I'm glad I didn't. I'll be waiting for the next update.

13. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

hmm im using the 2.3.6.6 and im not having this problem. Of course, im not using the HTC plugin though. Is it possible that the HTC plugin isnt updated for 2.3.6.6?

14. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Hi

Lockinfo 2.3.7.0 NOT 2.3.3.7 update just came out. I don't know what it fixes since the change log is not out yet. Anyways see if that helps you, also remember I had asked for the phone and message icon from you? Please let me know when you can upload those.

I appreciate it in advance and hope that update brings something interesting to the table.

Fixes your issue regarding icons on first page with HTC plugin. Do NOT fix an issue I brought up regarding HTC plugin on lockscreen.

I found a bug when having putting HTC plugin on lockscreen. When using the media controls, the HTC disappears and the media controls with the normal clock appears. Which is of course normal and fine, but when going through songs. If you go from a song that has cover art to one that doesnt. The media controls disappear and htc plugin comes back, and of course vice versa going from non cover art song to cover art song has the same effect.

Thanks
    AE

15. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I'm not sure why you're getting the 2.3.3.7 update. After the last update to LockInfo a few days ago, I'm now running 2.3.7.0. And that update seemed to fix the disappearing forecast problem for me. Hmm...

*edit* Actually, I just looked in the "Changes" tab of Cydia and I had an update to LockInfo. The weird thing is, the update was to 2.3.7.0...in other words, what I was already running. I'm not really sure what's up with that, but it works just fine for me.

16. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

I meant to say 2.3.7.0 sorry for my mistake.

Thanks
    AE

17. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I don't use betas.

It appears that glitch might have been fixed just the other day when a release came out. Hasn't been out for no week that's for sure.

18. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

I love this lock screen. One of these days I'll figure out how to do it.

19. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Someone asked how to get this home screen. Search for it on here, type something like how can I get this home screen or something. It shouldn't be that old. The guy who "made" it is the author of this thread if I'm not mistaken and has given a very good explanation on how to get all of what you want in one of the posts of there.

Thanks
    AE

20. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

No problem. I just had to do a double-check because I realized the update I had was the same as what I was running and I'd already posted...lol. I thought I'd lost my mind there for a second! :eek:

21. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

22. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Oh there you go, a fine gentleman was kind enough to go through the trouble of finding the post.

I think that thread contains another post with a list of apps he used and then a description. The link above will get you to a post in the same thread, which should be more than enough, in terms of detail of explanation.

Thanks
    AE

23. atlh3adl1n3r macrumors member

24. supervelous thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the heads-up. I have updated and can confirm this issue is now fixed. However, just a heads up to anyone who still show the latest version as 2.3.6.6 which still has this problem - the new 2.3.7.0 is a beta version and you will only see in Cydia if you have David Ashman's beta repo in your sources.

http://david.ashman.com/beta/

25. supervelous thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks very much for this post, I updated to the new version. Also, I posted those icons in the other thread for you.