Warning: T-Mobile Lied to me about iPhone pre order! Avoid!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tromboneaholic, Sep 17, 2014.

1. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

T-Mobile canceled my orders and lied about it!

Got up at 2:45 am (ET) to preorder 2 iPhones. T-mobile site, as you all know, didn't even have an iPhone 6 orders until after CS lined opened at 6 am (ET) and someone realized they had f-ed up and not flipped the order switch.

My order went through at 7:10am (ET) -- 4:10 Pacific -- for two iPhones.

Today I get a text and email saying my order was cancelled because the payment was declined.

I called the bank, and the bank manager investigated. It turns out that T-Mobile lied to me. The charge was never declined. They are inept and immoral. John Legere talks crap about the other carries, but his company shi*t their pants on this preorder. I was switching 4 lines from Verizon for this order. I am not going to do it at this point.

TLDR: Short TMUS Stock

2. K.Audrey macrumors newbie

NOT Alone

You're Not alone. After getting up at 2:45AM ET to order the iPhone 6, to no avail even though T-Mobile assured us they would open preorders at 3:00AM ET in line with Apple, and refreshing a zillion times until I finally got through after 6AM... three visits to T-Mobile stores and countless hours on the phone with customer service... I was content that I was at the front of the line. Then today, T-Mobile cancelled my order and blamed it on my bank - spent hours with my bank who is totally baffled.

3. tromboneaholic thread starter macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

I was switching over from Verizon. They have rude customer service people, but the fake "friendly" customer service people for T-Mobile who lied to me are much worse. It's like being stabbed in the back vs being stabbed in the face; at least I can see it coming from Verizon. T-Mobile's CEO is talks so much trash about Verizon, but his little also-ran wet the bed on this pre order.

4. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

Another reason why people prefer ordering from apple.com

5. accountforit macrumors 6502a

I agree. Verizon CS are a bunch of pompous idiots. However, I never have to call CS, so it doesn't matter much.

6. tromboneaholic thread starter macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

If I could have ordered using the EIP deferred payment, I would have dome so.

I do agree that Apple is 1000% better than T-Mobile.

7. K.Audrey macrumors newbie

HA! Precisely! At least I was able to recognize "rude as rude." Hindsight is perfect, sadly. I would trade rude for T-Mobile lies ANY day.

----------

I really hope T-Mobile does right by you... and by me, of course. Did you ever get the feeling that you were at the front of the line but kicked out because they have to cut back on some to deliver on others? OK, maybe I'm paranoid, but I had enough in my account to outright PAY for 5 iPhones. I just don't get it.

8. tromboneaholic thread starter macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

SERIOUSLY!

I have called T-Mobile CS more times since I placed my my pre order (less than a week ago) than I ever needed to call Verizon since 2003...

9. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

I've been avoiding T-Mobile for years now, i'm glad you finally got the memo! I really am sorry to hear about your terrible experience with them though. At 3:30 am EST on the 12th i was panicking trying to get a preorder in through Apple AND Verizon and both were being a pain.

10. tromboneaholic thread starter macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

At 3:30 am T-Mobile was about about 3 hours away from even thinking about activating their iPhone 6 order page. That was the start of the nightmare...

11. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

I was saved by one of the reservations that apple made for me while i was frantically trying to order a phone through the apple store app. Are you gonna hit up an apple store on friday?

12. tromboneaholic thread starter macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

My preference would be to order through Apple, but I was was counting on the T-mobile EIP to grab 4 iPhones and switch all 4 lines from Verizon...

13. JGuez macrumors member

Sucks you had a bad experience.

I was under the impression that T-Mobile was not offering pre-orders at midnight like Apple and the rest of the gang....

T-Mo customer service has been top notch in my experience. I'm a tough customer and they've somehow managed to put up with me time and time again.

14. tromboneaholic thread starter macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

T-Mobile twitter CS account tweeted 2 am Central time (Midnight in California, 3 am on the East Coast). Followed by company reps confirming the time to media outlets.

They were famously called the non carrier for missing their promised launch by several hours though http://www.zdnet.com/t-mobile-was-the-noncarrier-for-the-apple-iphone-6-pre-order-launch-7000033611/

15. JGuez macrumors member

That link clearly stated that T-Mobile did not have a midnight launch.

As far as I know, T-Mobile never officially announced a midnight launch so I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

16. wonslung macrumors member

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I just switched to tmobile and everything was great. I didn't try to get my preorder online, instead I opted for brick and mortar store which opened at 9am eastern. I got my preorder in for a 128 gb iphone 6+. I switched all of my att family lines to tmobile and have been happy with the customer service. My iphone order has been saying backordered since the 12th. I was worried that I was 30-40 days out but I was assured by support that it would ship out and arrive by or on Friday. I got an email last night saying it was shipping in time for Friday.

17. dishfan82 macrumors member

They were never scheduled to do a midnight launch. Yes they still should have told customers but there was nothing on there page hours before indicating there would even be one. Sorry about your luck.

They did give options to pre order in stores which To me is the better option. They goofed by not telling customers they weren't doing the midnight launch but I like the price wise way better than verizon.

18. tromboneaholic, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

tromboneaholic thread starter macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Not true.

T-Mobile reps on Twitter confirmed the midnight start (2 am Central) and they also confirmed it to various media outlets.

"T-Mobile representatives who talked with GottaBeMobile this afternoon following the release of the T-Mobile iPhone 6 release details have confirmed that T-Mobile will begin taking iPhone 6 pre-orders on its website at exactly 12 midnight Pacific Standard Time. That means that adjusted for the time difference users on the East Coast of the United States can expect T-Mobile iPhone 6 pre-orders to begin online promptly at 3AM Eastern Standard Time."

"http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/09/11/t-mobile-iphone-6-pre-order-price-details-confirmed/"

19. tromboneaholic thread starter macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

“Just got an email from T-Mobile saying they’d cancelled the iPhone 6 order I’d placed on the 12th. Called support, and they said a bunch of orders got cancelled for no apparent reason. My credit card company says they haven’t done any declines, so it’s clearly a T-Mobile problem. Rep said only solution is to place a new order, losing my place in line. Very frustrating.”

From http://www.tmonews.com/2014/09/t-mo-iphone-6-pre-orders-shipping-was-yours-successful/

20. JGuez macrumors member

How about linking to the tweet instead of saying they did? I've Googled and haven't seen anything to suggest T-Mobile officially announced a midnight launch.

Your link just says they talked to a T-Mobile representative. That isn't the same as an announcement, you get that right?

21. tromboneaholic thread starter macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Are you accusing me of lying?

22. rhumbaclave macrumors newbie

This happened to me as well. On Wednesday when they gave me the bad news I did reorder thinking maybe I can pick my 6 and 6 plus on friday and then cancel. However my order status says my order will be delivered on Tuesday the 23rd. Does anyone else that reordered have this delivery date?

23. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

I'm going to vouch for it also. They really did announce a midnight launch on twitter, and if you called in the reps also validated the midnight launch.

24. JGuez macrumors member

Yes. I went to T-Mobile's Twitter and I don't see anything about a a midnight launch.

The only Tweet I see about pre-orders was on September 13th:
    https://twitter.com/TMobile/status/510790061030268928

Every time I ask you for evidence you refuse to show it and every link you post doesn't actually have a press release from T-Mobile. Just says "We asked a T-Mobile representative.". That isn't remotely the same thing.

If T-Mobile's representatives told you wrong information then shame on them but again I have not seen any actual announcement from T-Mobile saying "We're doing a midnight launch like the rest of the guys for iPhone pre-orders.".

So yes, I am calling you a liar.

25. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

It was there, screen shots are in the TMobile thread, I even think early on somewhere. I think I may actually have one somewhere myself...

They said they were doing a 12:01 AM PT launch.

I do have one, attached.

Attached Files: