Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Two new Apple Arcade games optimized for the Apple Vision Pro are set to launch on the headset, with Warped Kart Racers available today and Cityscapes: Sim Builder coming out on July 3.

apple-arcade-vision-pro-warped-kart.jpg

Warped Kart Racers is a racing game that features characters from 20th Television animated shows like Family Guy, King of the Hill, American Dad, and Solar Opposites. Players can take control of one of 20 playable characters and race against friends across 16 maps that come from iconic show episodes. There's both a single player campaign and the option for multiplayer matches.

Cityscapes: Sim Builder was the Apple Arcade Game of the Year and an Apple Design Award finalist. Players are able to become the mayor of an up and coming city, developing careful, thought out systems to meet the needs of the city's citizens.

Power, clean water, garbage collection, pollution, and road traffic all need to be dealt with, and establishing a thriving city raises the power level and unlocks more city options. The game has a City Pass, which is a monthly event that includes exclusive parks, buildings, and landmarks.

Both Cityscapes: Sim Builder and Warped Kart Racers are available on existing Apple devices through Apple Arcade, but the update will also allow them to be played using the Vision Pro's hand gestures and eye controls. In Warped Kart Racers, players use their hands to steer, drift, and throw objects, and in Cityscapes: Sim Builder, hand movements are used to lay roads and build neighborhoods.

Apple and third-party developers have made several Apple Arcade games available on the Vision Pro, including Game Room, What the Golf, Super Fruit Ninja, and Crossy Road Stories. Apple is releasing content updates for two Vision Pro games today, including Gibbon: Beyond the Trees and Bloons TD 6+.

Apple Arcade is priced at $6.99 per month and provides access to up to six family members. Apple Arcade games do not include in-app purchases or other freemium features.

Article Link: Warped Kart Racers and Cityscapes: Sim Builder Coming to Apple Vision Pro

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Still don’t see the point in putting this heavy thing on my face to play content on a flat 2D floating window with a digital „reflection“ of my room when I can do the same without strapping something to my face by just playing it from my iPad on my lap or on a big screen TV

And yes, I have a AVP (free from Apple as developer via work) but when it comes to games, I prefer the full on immersive experience of a 500$ Meta Quest. My fav VR experience so far has been „The Climb 2“. My BF literally had to stop playing because he got scared of the „height“ and falling 😅

The AVP is obviously much better at playing movies though but in that use case a „flat screen“ also makes sense.

Last edited:

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
What an embarrassment for Apple this thing is.

On the contrary, the team at Apple are clearly very proud of Vision Pro. And proud they should be, too.

We're just getting started with these incredibly immersive spatial computing experiences. Vision Pro clearly has a very bright future as one of the flagship products in this amazing Apple ecosystem.

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Dayton
When I bought my first iPad many of the apps I looked forward to using were just iPhone apps running on iPad. iPad just made them bigger with no value add. Eventually, those apps received a version native to the iPad as we all expected.

I think as time goes on the same will happen with Vision Pro.

Victor Mortimer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2016
When I bought my first iPad many of the apps I looked forward to using were just iPhone apps running on iPad. iPad just made them bigger with no value add. Eventually, those apps received a version native to the iPad as we all expected.

This thing isn't going to be around in 5 years.

rweiser

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
I wonder are some windowed games play in 3D or 2D? Apple said they are “spatial titles”.
Indeed, the game is full 3D; it is just displayed within a window (like a 3D movie) rather than fully immersively.
Amazing seeing all the criticism here based on a 2D screenshot.
I'm not claiming this is a AAA game by any means, but this is far from "an iPad strapped to my face".
The whole AVP experience is so hard to judge until you've tried one, at length.

• Love
Reactions: SFjohn

MichaelAdam

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2005
This Vision Pro is for now a non product … I dont know anyone that has one, use one or want one … I know some with Quest Or Xreal and would love an Apple version of Xreal. In the meantimel I will order this summer Quest and Xreal to try … Which combine is still 4 times cheaper than VP and lighter too …
Come on Apple dont be stubborn

• Disagree
Reactions: SFjohn

svish

macrumors G4
Nov 25, 2017
Good to know. But not sure how many will be playing these games on Vision Pro

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin

Those are already „adapted“ games for the AVP tho … that’s the difference

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.