Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

midnightrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2022
Hi. Does Apple replace MacBooks after 3 faulty repair? I’ve bought MacBook Air M2 and it had hinges noise. I went to Ukrainian AASP and waited 2 MONTHS for LCD replacement, but now I have backlight bleeding in the left bottom corner 🫤
AASP said that I can send my laptop for repair one more time, but I have to wait another 2-4 months. What if another LCD will come with the same issue, since backlight bleeding is a common issue on MBA M2?

Backlight bleeding looks worse in real life and it bothers me when I edit photos or watch movies.

Attachments

• 93107853-C6BB-45AF-ABFF-92FD1CD3BFF6.jpeg
    93107853-C6BB-45AF-ABFF-92FD1CD3BFF6.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 1478F3EB-ACDB-4162-BFFF-35D72BF32206.jpeg
    1478F3EB-ACDB-4162-BFFF-35D72BF32206.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 52

AirpodsNow

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2017
I tried calling Apple about a repair once, although I was bought through some other retailer and explained the situation. They gave me some reference number or something and I could let that authorised service repair know and they replaced it. Perhaps you can try giving them a call?

• Love
Reactions: midnightrain

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I'm not sure if its different in the Ukraine, but in the United States, after multiple failed repair attempts, I would contact Consumer Relations. Sometimes the Apple Store would offer to replace the machine, but most of the time, I needed to go through the Consumer Relations route. Consumer Relations has replaced multiple computers for me over the years.

• Love

midnightrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2022
I tried calling Apple about a repair once, although I was bought through some other retailer and explained the situation. They gave me some reference number or something and I could let that authorised service repair know and they replaced it. Perhaps you can try giving them a call?
Thanks for the reply! I’ve called Apple Support today after I got my MacBook screen replaced with the defective one, but they couldn’t help me. They said I should call AASP. AASP told me that I should bring my defective MacBook back and wait 2-4 months for the repair 🥲

midnightrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2022
I'm not sure if its different in the Ukraine, but in the United States, after multiple failed repair attempts, I would contact Consumer Relations. Sometimes the Apple Store would offer to replace the machine, but most of the time, I needed to go through the Consumer Relations route. Consumer Relations has replaced multiple computers for me over the years.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I’ve heard that Apple service in the USA is the way better then in other countries. It’s sad because Apple products are very very very expensive in my country and I buy it because of good quality, but all of my last Apple purchases were defective 🫢

AirpodsNow

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2017
try and call again. I usually start with: so.. I was wondering whether I can ask you this question, it is quite complicated. I have been a very long user of apple products and never had an issue, but this seems to be complicated and I can really needs some help. .... blablalbal

• Love

midnightrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2022
try and call again. I usually start with: so.. I was wondering whether I can ask you this question, it is quite complicated. I have been a very long user of apple products and never had an issue, but this seems to be complicated and I can really needs some help. .... blablalbal
Thanks for the advice! I’ll try call them tomorrow.

AirpodsNow

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2017
also, don't forget to prolong the conversation bit, especially when they say, go to AASP. My response?

1) really? can't you suggest something or at least talk one of your colleagues about this. Unfortunately this is the 3rd time and I am really desperate at the moment and can't loose my laptop for another month.

2) Are you sure there is absolutely no other way? The service has been always great with my Apple products, but somehow I have no confidence in AASP anymore because it was been so bad by now, is there really no other way we can sort this out or someone can help to resolve? Or can someone at least from apple follow up with me at AASP when I go there again?

etc etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.