Warranty Replacements in Store?

xenaki

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
Anyone know if the Apple Stores have replacement watches for warranty issues? I think my watch may need to be replaced but I don't want to send it off for replacement.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Anyone know if the Apple Stores have replacement watches for warranty issues? I think my watch may need to be replaced but I don't want to send it off for replacement.
Much depends on which watch you have. They have sports and SS but no SB that I saw. Each store may vary so I would give them a call first!

xenaki

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
When I took my damaged AppleCare covered Watch into the AppleStore in Orlando, they looked at me and didn't do anything. I left the store, called AppleCare and had a new replacement watch delivered to my house 2 days later.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/clumsy-wife-makes-strong-case-for-apple-care-for-apple-watch.1894002/#post-21487447
Yeah that's what I ended up doing. The store couldn't tell me if they had replacement stock over the phone. So I hung up, called AppleCare, and my replacement watch has now already shipped! Happy customer here. Lol

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Yeah that's what I ended up doing. The store couldn't tell me if they had replacement stock over the phone. So I hung up, called AppleCare, and my replacement watch has now already shipped! Happy customer here. Lol
I didn't expect them to have a replacement in the store, I was simply hoping they would initiate a claim for a replacement to be shipped to me.
When I say they did nothing, I mean they did nothing. They gawked at the damaged watch (claimed they hadn't seen one before mine) and had no idea what to do. After 15 minutes of them making excuses, I left the store.