Was anyone else holding out until today...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lionheartednyhc, Jan 27, 2010.

  1. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

    lionheartednyhc

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2009
    #1
    to buy a new MBP? I was really hoping for a refresh. Sadness... Looks like Ill be getting a 2.53mhz after all
     
  2. xsquid99 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    #2
    I was, but I dont NEED a computer right now, so I'll just be patient and wait.
     
  3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

    NewMacbookPlz

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    #3
    Word.

    I was going to sell the comp in my sig to my sister instead of her spending $550 on a POS Inspiron15 if she decided she wanted to switch to OS X.

    I'll wait, she'll do whatever she likes for her next computer.
     
  4. butterfly0fdoom macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2007
    Location:
    Camp Snoopy
    #4
    +1
     
  5. lionheartednyhc thread starter macrumors 65816

    lionheartednyhc

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2009
    #5
    I wonder when the refresh will happen. I don't know how much longer I can wait, as my blackbook is slowly dying...
     
  6. csdibiase macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2010
    Location:
    Cleveland, OH
    #6
    I was holding out, but no more... and with next day shipping I'll have my machine in time for the weekend when I really need it.

    I'm just sick of trying to do audio editing in audacity on a netbook hehe...
     
  7. Macdicted macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2010
    Location:
    NYC > Tampa Bay
    #7
    +2 :cool:
     
  8. Hellishness macrumors 65816

    Hellishness

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Location:
    Bay Area, CA
    #8
    +3
    I REALLY WANT one though!!:mad::mad:
     
  9. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

    DAMNiatx

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2009
    #9
    +4:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    please apple,
     
  10. elpmas macrumors 68000

    elpmas

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2009
    Location:
    Where the fresh snow don't go.
    #10
    :[
    i'm gna spam jobs :(
    i think ill wait another month...
     
  11. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

    Ke1ington

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2009
    #11
    You guys are nuts. The current line of Pros are great machines. I love mine.

    And just think; if you buy and they update within two weeks you can always return it and pay the difference for the newer one (plus restocking, of course).
     
  12. Hellishness macrumors 65816

    Hellishness

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Location:
    Bay Area, CA
    #12
    and if they don't update within two weeks, we're screwed. i, for one, will not pay 1200$ for eight month old technology that could be updated (and potentially at a lower price) any minute. no matter how good it is.
     
  13. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

    Ke1ington

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2009
    #13
    Why are you screwed? What's wrong with the current Macbook Pros?
     
  14. Thunder82 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2008
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    #14
    Nothing, he just wants the newest tech. Good call imo btw irl.
     
  15. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

    1BadMac

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    #15
    If the refresh occurs, you won't be saving any money by waiting. Granted, you will get the latest hardware - but it won't be cheaper. I highly doubt they refresh the product line and drop the prices at the same time. There is no incentive for apple to do this. It would be cool, don't get me wrong, but highly unlikely. If you are waiting for the refresh to drive prices of the existing models down, again, it won't be drastic. You can already save $100 - 200 off most of the models if you do some Googling.
     
  16. lcs101 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2010
    #16
    Maybe he would not save money, but it is very likely many people would save by waiting, including myself. The reason being I would like to have 4GB of RAM and a 250GB hard drive on my 13" MBP. So if I purchase now, I have to spend an extra $135 to upgrade to those features for the lower end MBP (cheaper than getting the higher end MBP). However, there is certainly a chance that when the upgrade occurs, the lower end might have both, so I would not have to spend an extra $135 to get the memory and HD space I want.
     
  17. Nugget macrumors 65816

    Nugget

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2002
    Location:
    Houston Texas USA
    #17
    Sounds reasonable to me.

    I'm hobbling along with a dying first-gen MBP and my wallet comes out the day updates are announced.
     
  18. joms macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2009
    #18
    I'll be waiting for a little bit more but if apple doesn't update their MBP then i'll be getting an HP or something instead. It's stupid to shell out a large amount of money and get old technology for it. The graphics card is wayyyyyy too old and it will not do for games released in 2011
     
  19. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

    Ke1ington

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2009
    #20
    Can't you just upgrade the graphics card?
     
  20. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

    1BadMac

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    #21
    Honestly, if you are looking for a gaming rig - and one that will last you into 2011 - you may be better off with another Windows based machine. Mac's aren't notoriously known for their gaming horsepower and as others have mentioned you can get more bang for your buck speed wise out of some other hardware.
     
  21. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

    1BadMac

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    #22
    Not in the MBP = Mac Book Pro (laptop).
     
  22. whawhat macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2006
    #23
    does anyone think apple will offer the anti-glare option for the 13" mbp when they refresh?
     
  23. Airboy98 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Location:
    Texas
    #24
    They might offer it but it has already been proven that the glossy screen shows colors more vividly with a better "popping" factor. Still, we can never have too many options :D.
     
  24. maghemi macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2009
    Location:
    Melbourne Australia
    #25
    I wasn't holding off per se. I was already waiting to sell another computer first, but had there been an announcement of something coming soon, I would have waited.

    But because there wasn't, when my other computer sells I'll just be getting something from the refurb store.

    I doubt I'd be able to lump the extra cash for the new fresh smelling model anyway at the moment.
     

Share This Page