Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Was iOS 16 a Good OS?

• Nope!

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Meh...

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Yeah!

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Other (Comments)

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oofio2461

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2021
 Full Moon
Were almost at iOS 16 last days in the spotlight, with WWDC 2023 coming up, I wonder how you guys thought about iOS 16, Features, Bugs, and More!

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Dreadful. Worst piece of Apple software in years. Bugs everywhere, battery issues, wallpaper customization gets invoked accidentally all the time, harder to simply change your background now, none of the custom lock fonts are as good as the iOS 15 one, notifications at bottom is the stupidest change ever with no option to revert, etc. Notifications in general have been real bad. I hope they fix this mess with a Mountain Lion type release otherwise we will be left with this garbage for many years.

Sorinut

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2015
I don't really hit many bugs like I did in the beginning, but I still hate the lockscreen. The hold-to-edit option pops up ALL THE TIME.

Please, please allow me to disable that, or move it to the settings app.

Reactions: redbeard331

17fox

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2022
Vienna, Austria
Was iOS 16 good or bad highly depends on what we are talking about.
Speaking of the features, iOS 16 was great. I really like new Lock Screen customisation options (Although, I'm not a huge fan of doing any customisations on my phone, I like to use devices as they are); Live Activities are quite useful with apps like Bolt, Uber; Battery percentage was a small but extremely needed for so many years feature; Freeform has given me useful ways to study easier, create some sort of mind maps and collaborate with others.
If we are talking about problems with iOS 16, I would say, that this version is too buggy. Of course, I mean battery life (it had been poor for me till iOS 16.5), buggy notifications, I am also experiencing some sort of lags and freezings across the system. And these are just a few of the most popular examples, more have been discussed on the forum.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
It has been working great for me. There has been some firmware issue with some of my users airpods, but other than that its been fine. I'm wasn't a fan of the rapid response updates, but absolutely see a point of it being implemented.
My issues are more that MS Intune are lagging behind a bit when Apple roles out new features.

But, wouldn't mind if Apple stopped the whole "We MUST update our OS every year" why not just do it every other year if needed and stick to supporting the devices longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.