Was so close to getting an iPhone 4 today! :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by troop231, Jul 8, 2010.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

:( Was on the waiting list at my local Radioshack for the 32GB model. They called me while on my work break today saying they'd hold it till 4pm. I said cool! sweet I'll be down around 2:30. Before I got off the phone I said, I require a deposit with ATT and the guy last week in store said it would come on the first bill, well today they said it would be required up front today, so the end of story is I was $120 short of finally getting my hands on one :mad: They're gonna call me when they get more, even though it was still there as of 6pm. They said the 16GB is alot more popular, and the 32GB doesn't sell nearly as well. I was really excited when I got the call up till the part where they told me that employee didn't know what he was talking about..

2. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Damn today I was looking at this girl who sells perfume & Cologne. She wanted to go to lunch with me but first I had to spend $125 for Cologne (Cartier). Well when I finished paying for the Cologne she said lets go to lunch; but she wanted a restaurant and all I had was enough money for a Mickey D's. She turned me down.

3. lskeys macrumors member

And...

I almost won the lottery! Was 3 numbers off.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Apparently dropping into a thread and saying "Cool story, bro" can get you put in time out, so I shall resist.

Hop u git ur phone zuner then l8r!

5. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

I cannot believe someone was stupid enough to tell you the deposit would come on the bill. They never put security deposits on bills it always has to be paid up front. Whoever told you that needs to be fired.

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

That doesn't even make sense. A deposit you pay later?

7. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

I wasn't about to overdraft my account just to get one lol. Yeah the other RS employee told me that guy is full of $h!z

8. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Iphone4 " So Magical it will make you spend every penny on it " Steve Jobs.

9. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

So, what you're saying is if you take out the extra $100 & some odd dollars, you'd be over drafting your bank account? I would think you shouldn't be getting an iPhone in the first place if you don't have much money. But that's just my opinion.

Better luck next time around!

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You forget this is America. The smart spenders are the minority.

11. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Who are you to judge? You don't even know my situation. I've got quite a bit pending in Paypal from selling stuff on eBay, but since the buyers haven't left feedback I won't have access to withdraw it for awhile. But you live in WV so maybe It's fair I judge that?

12. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Isn't that the truth. It's pretty sad when people don't have enough cash on hand to buy an iPhone, but do so anyway.

13. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

It's pretty sad when people are arrogant and don't know all the facts and details, always jumping to conclusions :rolleyes:

14. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

I agree. People need to shut the heck up about the financial situations of others. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. :rolleyes:

15. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

By far the best news I've read since signing up for membership in February of '08.

As far as people judging others on this site, the "if blah blah blah then you really need to rethink your life" and "if yadda yadda then you probably shouldn't own an iPhone" crap really needs to stop. You really think you're going to make a difference in the thought process of someone who has never been taught how to manage their money by coming across as elitist and condescending to them on an internet forum?

Please.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    That's why it's called a security deposit. :)
    You have to put it down before they give you service.

17. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

That's not cool at all. You don't know someones situation and for example i keep only 100 dollars in my checking account and i keep the rest in savings and transfer what i only need in checking.

18. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Haha, you can judge all you want. :) I know where I stand, & that's all that matters. I was just giving my opinion. Don't see why that's such an issue.

19. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I agree. I actually muttered, "Thank God" under my breath when I read that. :D

I am not trying to change anyone's mind. I'm just simply observing and commenting. If someone has to wait until payday or for their eBay items to sell before they can buy an expensive toy, it's probably not a good idea. Perhaps, if more people would take responsibility for their finances, we wouldn't have as many economic problems.

If I'm wrong about the OP's (or anyone's) financial situation, then I apologize.

20. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

I agree with this 100%. I was just putting forth my two cents. If I was wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. But I won't apologize for stating my opinion.

21. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I'm not targeting you specifically, so don't take offense. But you do fall into the category I'm addressing. I'll say it again; you really think you picking at somebody's financial choices is going to stop them from destroying their own credit reputation?

Let 'em live their lives and make their mistakes. I went through it and I'm sure most everybody running around trying to tell people how to manage their money did as well. Repairing credit takes a lot of time and money and they're in for a bumpy road in the future. That is if they're even in any financial trouble to begin with.

22. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

And maybe this is why some people say something about it. Could save them from making a mistake.

Personally I think if an extra $120 will overdraft your account then how can you afford a new iPhone? There is a difference in saying I will spend only $230 for an iPhone and not a penny more and saying that a little extra would overdraft you... I think that security deposit should be a wake up call...

23. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I'm not offended and I think I understand where you're coming from. As I mentioned, I am not trying to change anyone's financial behavior. I am simply pointing out the recklessness of it and lamenting the death of personal responsibility. Again, if my comments are misdirected, I apologize.

24. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

I have no credit at all, it's not a wake up call so take a chill pill. If anything this will build my credit.

25. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

How should the security deposit a wakeup call? You do know that there was a time when credit was less important and people paid for everything in cash right?

I guess you would think my grandfather who worked for the Post office longer than most people on this board have been alive and paid for everything in cash and had no credit was a problem too? :rolleyes:

Funny because he brought his house outright no mortgage and paid for his car that way too and this was pretty recently too. I bet most people in this thread can't say they did that. And yet you guys are judging and talking smack about someone.