Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B S Magnet

macrumors 601
Original poster
I don’t know of a MacBook Pro with a trackpad that large with a button that thin. The first attached clip comes from the 10.6.8 version of Trackpad prefPane, but several more like this can be found in the 10.5.8 version of the same (like the second clip).

I’m speculating when I ask whether these trackpad gesture clips were filmed with an early unibody 17-inch test mule before the decision to forgo a button entirely.

Last edited:

rampancy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Yeah, that's a 2008/9 MacBook Air. It only makes sense it would be used as an example here, since at the time it was one of the most prominent Macs in Apple's product line, and it used the same multi-touch controller used on the iPhone/iPod touch at the time.

It wouldn't surprise me though if Apple had a prototype or mockup lying around that had the MacBook Air's trackpad button for testing.

Attachments

• trackpad.jpg
    trackpad.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Reactions: B S Magnet

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
Just a random thought - was/is there an app that allows using an iOS device as a multitouch track pad on a Mac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.