Watch band storage trays, cases and boxes [MERGED]

the future

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2002
Simple, yes. Cheap, not so much.

The neodymium push pin magnets are almost $1/each (20 for $18 plus tax) on Amazon ... you need two magnets for each band... so that's 264 magnets for your 132 bands... at $18/20 pieces, it's almost $240 for magnets plus the cost of the white boards... there are other magnets that are cheaper (60 for $16 plus tax), but they are not the neodymium magnets, and may not hold as strongly - slipping, sliding down the board.

Do you have a cheaper source for the neodymium push pin magnets?
It wasn't super cheap, but in relation to the cost of a vast collection of watch bands it was cheap enough (to me). Also, the 1/1 ratio of €/$/magnet doesn't hold when you buy a larger amount. I got 72 magnets for 48 Euros 48/72 and the IKEA white boards were also pretty cheap. But yeah, it's more expensive than just throwing the lot in a big drawer.

Mad4clay

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2013
Minnesota
Yes, I do my best to match something each day. I just reprinted out a new label set to include the three new Sport band colors. Lol...I don’t know which color is my favorite — in some ways, every sport band is because I love trying to find clothes to match them with. All of these are Apple’s, too...not into knock-offs. Took me a while to find some that were out of production from 2015 but now that I have them, I’ll continue to get each season’s Sport bands as long as Apple continues to make them! ;)
I too love to match my band with what I'm wearing. I think it's fun to do.

Altaira9

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2019
I used to have my Apple Watch straps in transparent acrylic drawers from Muji, but for me this solution still lacked „visibility“ and I would always take a few out of the drawers to decide which one to wear that day. Not anymore! I got two magnetic whiteboards from IKEA and a lot of strong small magnets. For me, this is ideal as it‘s much easier to pick and choose.

View attachment 851318
I love this idea, it turns the bands into an art piece while displaying them. Unfortunately I don’t have any easily accessible wall space available, or I’d totally do this with cork board. Maybe in the future... for now I’ll just have to stick with my decorative box.

Reactions: the future

Boardiesboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Just saw this on the Apple store. Von Holzhausen watch strap portfolio. VERY expensive.

Does anyone have one and can share some real life pics and reviews?

C051539A-D652-4AD3-9B59-040ABA1A3975.jpeg
F49F9172-1497-4B6B-ABC4-E4D544767A9E.jpeg
D4406CDE-7954-45F2-86AF-76CEF4250C70.jpeg

Foxhound357

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2019
SW. Ga.
View attachment 768385
The two boxes are totally different but very similar sizes. I got them both at goodwill! One was a salt box that held some kind of yard sport game like horseshoes or? The other was a collection display case that had some little rectangle indentation insert, who knows? Lol I painted them both to match my room.
You did a great job on those boxes.
- - Post merged: - -

I made myself a storage box for all of watch bands. I bought a box at Joann's, sanded it, stained it and lined it with felt.
That's some really nice work. Great looking box.