Watch brightness setting?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by xraydoc, Apr 27, 2015.

?

What brightness setting are you using?

1. Low

12 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Medium

33 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. High

21 vote(s)
    31.8%
  1. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

What brightness setting are you using on your watch?

2. Jason83 macrumors regular

Jason83

Never changed from the default, so I haven't really thought about it much as I haven't seen a problem. Everything has been clear indoors and out, and my battery is still at 55% right now after a long day of moderate to heavy use. The default settings seem to be a happy medium.

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Mine was on the brightest setting. Changed it to medium tonight, will see how I like it.

4. xraydoc thread starter macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I set mine to lowest when I was first setting it up. My battery life over the last three days has been great. And since I'm indoors most of the time, the lowest brightness has been enough. Curious as to what a brighter setting will do to the battery (well. I know it'll run down faster - how much is what I'm curious about).

5. iEric007 macrumors regular

iEric007

I love how vivid the display and watch faces look with maximum brightness, but am not sure how much difference the maximum brightness vs. medium (default) brightness setting would affect battery life. Any ideas?

6. ddkkpp macrumors 6502

ddkkpp

Been at 50% since I got it. Put it at 100% to see how I like it since I have so much battery at the end of each day..!!

7. Smartdrive macrumors regular

Dark at the moment. 0%

Because I don't have a god damn watch! :mad:

8. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

Full brightness. Sometimes it seems a little too bright in a very dark room, but for mixed indoor and outdoor usage I find this the best setting.

After 16-18 hour days with light to medium usage I end the day around 45% battery

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

High, though I notice that within that setting it does auto adjust up and down a lot. It's noticeable if you hold the watch up to a light then look at the screen, it goes much brighter.

Don't think you can turn off the auto brightness though,

10. mrboba1 macrumors regular

I went low because I didn't really see that it mattered while I was outside.

Funny story though: the first time I went out in full sunlight though, I looked at my watch and couldn't see a thing - and I was like "wow, that's kinda bad..."

But then I realized it hadn't turned on :eek:

I guess it depends on the face and colors you are using, too.