Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's embargo has lifted for iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro reviews. In addition to our detailed review roundups for each device, we've rounded up over a dozen unboxing videos and first impressions below.

iphone-blue-colors.jpeg
iPhone 12 in Blue on left and iPhone 12 Pro in Pacific Blue on right via Engadget

Key new features of the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro include a flat-edge design, 5G support, a much faster A14 Bionic chip, improved cameras, more durable Ceramic Shield front glass, and new MagSafe accessories that attach magnetically to the back of the devices. Both devices feature OLED displays with a notch for Face ID.

iPhone 12 Pro models take the camera upgrades even further with a LiDAR Scanner for Night Mode portraits, support for Apple's new ProRAW image format, and Dolby Vision HDR video recording up to 60 FPS, compared to 30 FPS on iPhone 12.

Videos

iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro pre-orders began last week, and the devices will be available starting this Friday. iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max pre-orders begin Friday, November 6.

Article Link: Watch: iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Unboxing Videos and First Impressions

Last edited:

jprmercado

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
I was actually OK with the rich, almost toy-like shade of blue that we saw in the BlurryCam™ unboxing videos that came out yesterday.

Looks like these shots more accurately show the blue iPhone 12’s true colors, which are less toy-like. And I like it still.

The iPhone 12 Pro’s Pacific Blue colorway is also really nice.

It’s a blue year for iPhones! ?

Drogba11

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2018
I hate the format of these YouTube videos for every new gadget. Impressions / unboxing / actual review. I don’t care what your impressions are or how the thing looks when you take it out of the box, I want to know what the battery life is like compared to last gen and the camera, 5G speeds etc. It’s only 3 days till release, does Apple stop them from giving actual reviews when they have the device already because it might make people cancel their preorders?

simon3163

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
I do not want the MagSafe magnet to be so strong that i cant pick up the phone with one hand. if i need to hold the cable i may as well plug in the cable...

Reactions: alejandrooo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.