Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ramit

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
I have the same issue - Iphone battery down to 6% despite me hardly using Iphone -so something is wrong.

Looking into battery usage - Apple watch is at 1% - Safari is at 61%

I don't even have Safari open!!!!

I think the problem here is with IOS 8.3 - which I installed the night before the Apple watch. Will try a factory reset and see what happens tonight on the phone.

Ram

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Its great, my iPhone sat in my pocket or on the couch most of the weekend and the battery life on the watch is perfect. This is going to be a sad week though as Apple are picking up my watch to replace it as there was a mark on the SS casing. I could probably have buffed it out but I didn't want to risk it. :(

NM08SRT8 is right. Don't waste your time replacing your SS watch. It's stainless steel. Not only that, it's polished stainless steel. Polished stainless is beyond easy to scratch. It's also on an arm that swings, leans, lays, bumps, and a whole host of other things.

Either get some metal polish and do it yourself or take it to a jeweler. Otherwise you'll be making a lot of trips to the Apple store.;)

Lol. It's going to scratch more down the road. It's the same scenario as the iPod touches and classic were.

Head to 9to5, guy there had the same issues and did a video of before, during, and after to polish his case of scratches he got just after 2 days of ownership.

Watch it, you might want to cancel that replacement request. You'll be doing a lot of this polishing if you're that picky.

Good luck sir.

I think a lot of people who haven't traditionally worn watches are going to be in for a shock. Stainless steel scratches. Polished stainless scratches even more; a helluva lot more.

I own 3 stainless watches. But they're all brushed, so scratches blend in more. It's part and parcel of owning a stainless steel watch. SS :apple:watch users should just get used to it.

edit: Apologies for threadjacking.

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
Lol. It's going to scratch more down the road. It's the same scenario as the iPod touches and classic were.

Head to 9to5, guy there had the same issues and did a video of before, during, and after to polish his case of scratches he got just after 2 days of ownership.

Watch it, you might want to cancel that replacement request. You'll be doing a lot of this polishing if you're that picky.

Good luck sir.

Its actually more of a gouge than a scratch to be fair, looks like a little drill bit has run along the edge. Its not like the scratches you normally see on stainless steel like the little micro fine ones, which I know it will get.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
I've noticed a marginal additional drain. Are you mostly using Apple's watch apps or are you using some 3rd party apps? Could be bad code in a 3rd party app eating up too much processing time on your iPhone.

ramit

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
I've noticed a marginal additional drain. Are you mostly using Apple's watch apps or are you using some 3rd party apps? Could be bad code in a 3rd party app eating up too much processing time on your iPhone.

How can you tell?

susan12369

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2015
I noticed a big drain the first day or two. I checked battery usage and changed the settings on a few apps, and now it's about what it was before. It's 3:00 here and I've had both iPhone and watch off charge since 7:30 AM, and the iPhone is at 87% charge and the watch is at 79% charge.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
How can you tell?

Which apps have you been using on your Watch? Try spending a day using only Apple's own apps and no 3rd party apps - see if that improves iPhone battery performance. Then start adding in apps to your daily usage one by one until you find a culprit.

elgerber

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2011
I haven't found any drain on my phone. My battery is actually lasting longer because I don't use it nearly as much at work. Leaving work, my phone was at 93% today and yesterday. It used to be a fair amount lower than that.

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
Contact Apple Support Online. They took me through some steps including unpairing and resetting my watch, then restarting my phone and paring again. I have normal battery life again!

Last edited:

Time Less

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Planet Earth
Major drainage on my phone on the first 2 days. I went into privacy and saw many apps were constantly using location. I turned off apple weather, yahoo weather from always to while using, transit and city mapper to while using. I also disabled watch faces cause it uses gps for moon/and sun set. My iPhone seems to be draining less now.

vkapi5

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Same issue but Manage to RESOLVE THAT

Hi,
I had same issue for first couple of days and read some articles. Yesterday I reset my watch (Turn Off the watch and then press both Crown and contacts button till you see apple logo). Once that is done, check on your phone Battery usage what application is killing the battery. In my case 37% was Runkeeper. I uninstalled that from watch since I am mainly using Activity app now. If usage stats says Watch app 1%-2% you should be good.

So far iPhone Stand By Time is 8 hours, 32 minutes and Usage time is 2 Hours, 57 minutes and battery level at 74%

Runt888

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
I've seen a slight increase in battery life on my 6 - 4:30PM here now, took my phone off the charger at 7:00AM, and battery is at 79%. Usually I would be done in the 50-60% range at 5:00PM when I leave work.

parallax33

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Chandler's Ford, UK
I noticed that it was seemingly playing music in the background and I could not pause it. Just synced an album to the watch and that now seems to have stopped the drain. Getting 30-40% now after a full day use :)

DesertSilver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR
I got an Apple Watch a couple days ago and I'm also getting horrendous battery life on my iPhone 6.

I use my phone a lot throughout the day and consistently would end the day at around 30%. Yesterday I had to charge the phone midday when it gave me the 10% warning, and today I'm down to 70% after just 2 hours. This is with me using the phone less than before I got the watch.

The watch is another connection to the phone that should have some affect on battery life but this is ridiculous.

FastTJR

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
Check a specific App as I found Runtastic Pro was running in the background the whole time on Saturday and was draining it at a fast clip. Deleted the App and yesterday I had it off the charger AT 8:00AM and i had 60% phone battery and 50% watch battery at midnight, woot woot!

Thanks!
My iPhone 6 was running out of battery after around 8 hours since getting my Apple Watch.
Checked battery usage for the phone and sure enough, it was Runtastic Pro. It has accounted for 69% of my battery usage recently!!!!
I have deleted it from my Watch and will see what happens.
I have also logged the issue with Runtastic

PegasusTenma

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2014
I am actually experiencing the opposite. Because I don't have to take the phone out of my pocket as often as before the battery lasts longer, a lot longer in fact. End of the day 70% battery left on my Iphone 6+ +/-

Before I had 10% by the end of the day or a completely drained battery.

KateGladstone

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2013
Contact Apple Support Online. They took me through some steps including in spring and resetting my watch, then restarting my phone and paring again. I have normal battery life again!

Help, please; I don't understand "including in spring" in this context.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
No problems here. iPhone 6 holds power all day.

My watch is also great with power. Not charged since yesterday at 8AM (it's now 1:43pm) and still 42% power.

grenhall

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
Sweden
I get even more time from my iPhone 6 Plus now. Not sure why though but I charge it every other day. So I'm not experiencing any battery drains, quite the opposite actually.

thomasfxlt58

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
I get even more time from my iPhone 6 Plus now. Not sure why though but I charge it every other day. So I'm not experiencing any battery drains, quite the opposite actually.

Same here. I'm ending each day with reserve that I haven't had before on my 6s. The watch battery in the 42mm is more than sufficient for a rigorous full days normal use (normal means after the first few days of obsessive use). The first few days I had the Watch I was down to around 10-15%. The last week or so, there's been 30% left at bedtime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.