Watch Olympics on the iPhone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion11, Feb 11, 2010.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Does anyone know of any apps from the app store or websites that will stream live event coverage over to the iPhone??

I really want to watch the hockey games....I've looked into the NBC and the CTV apps from the app store, but can't tell if I'll be able to watch them live or not.

Anyone have any ideas on how to watch live?

2. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

NBC is severely downscaling its Olympics coverage for the Internet this year. To get people to watch on the television more especially. I think only curling and one other sport will be shown live on the Internet at all. So I do not think there will be iPhone live video at all, if there is, it'll be curling.

3. Badfoot macrumors 6502

would it be possible, using proxy server, to access UK Freeview or BBC sites?, or bribe a friend in UK to fit a Slingplayer.

4. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

anyone else have any handy ideas or tips to watch live Olympics on the iPhone?

5. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

6. uneek1 macrumors regular

If you have a cable in on your computer you could use that and Orb Live to watch it on the iPhone.

7. superflush macrumors 6502a

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

AT&T has an app for viewing the winter games.

9. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Ctv has an app too, just not sure if it provides live streaming or not?

10. superflush macrumors 6502a

that might only let people in Canada watch things (but I don't know, I don't see anything in the app description about restrictions)

fwiw, the "NBC Olympics on AT&T" app says that video can only be viewed within the US.

The 2 apps I have right now are the "NBC Olympics on AT&T" and the "2010Guide - Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games: The Official ..."

11. superflush macrumors 6502a

On NBC just now they had an ad saying that all of the hockey games would be streamed live on http://www.nbcolympics.com/ ... I wonder if you can watch them on the iPhone app too.

12. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I just read the NBC app can only be streamed video to folks in the US.

I can't beleive there isn't some app or site that will stream it on the iPhone. Hopefully we'll find something y'all.

13. fishmoose macrumors 68000

The Swedish public service channel called SVT has an app called STV Play where they stream the olympics, handy if your Swedish.

14. hail12 macrumors newbie

If you know the website that does the live stream, you can custom add that stream to ORBLive free app from the app store.

http://www.iphone-tips-and-advice.com/orblive.html

This page explains how to add a custom stream to Orb, then you can watch that stream in the ORB Application on your iPhone. It is pretty simple once you find a site that has the video stream.