Watch on the cover of Vogue China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Now we know what Apple is using supermodel Liu Wen for. And I don't think it's a coincidence that it's Vogue China.

http://www.businessoffashion.com/2014/10/first-look-apple-watch-makes-fashion-editorial-debut-cover-vogue-china.html

Today, BoF can reveal that the Apple Watch will make its fashion editorial debut on the cover of Vogue China’s November issue, featuring supermodel Liu Wen. We spoke to Angelica Cheung, editor-in-chief of Vogue China, to get the story behind the story.
Prior to the official unveiling of the product during fashion month, Vogue China’s editor-in-chief, Angelica Cheung, met in secret with Apple’s CEO Tim Cook and senior vice president of design Jonathan Ive to learn more about the product. “When Jonathan Ive and Tim Cook talked me through how they developed the concept of the Apple Watch from the beginning, I was impressed by their thoughts and passion for the project,” Cheung told BoF, discussing her first impressions of the product. “Then I saw the watches and thought they looked rather good; some are sporty and others are very classic and elegant. At the same time, they all have so many functions that would be useful in our daily life. I just thought that they combined technology, style and functionality and were very modern and, therefore, perfect accessories for the modern-day woman which is what the Vogue China woman is about.”

----------

And this Apple commissioned shot was done by fashion stylist Karl Templar. My guess is we'll be seeing more of these in magazines like Vogue next year.

matrix07

macrumors 601
Jun 24, 2010
Looking nice! As I said all along, the home screen of :apple:Watch is genius design.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Looks like rose gold with black rubber strap?
Also wonder if it's a 42mm (black naturally appears smaller than red). The 'cover' pic looks like it's smaller and likely a 38mm. The top pic sure makes the 38mm look NOT HUGE, even on a thin wrist.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Pretty sure you can get whatever strap you want for whichever watch you want.
I'd be very interested to see if that's the case, because that's speculation at this point (along with being able to swap out the color-coded crowns).

Any chance it might be the 42mm yellow gold case with black sport band and the gold just looks muted in the photo? It does look larger than the 38mm in the cover photo.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
They don't offer that combination. They do have a 42mm yellow gold with midnight blue classic band.
Since (it looks like) all bands will be sold as an option it could be any combo. However it does look like a 42mm compared to the 'cover' pic that is likely a 38mm. Either way it's obvios the aWatch is not going to be some monstrosity smart watch (like the Moto 360) that women will shun.

SHNXX

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2013
it's pretty clear that the apple watches are going to be very low-profile especially for smart watches.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Do you have pics of it by any chance?
I find it highly amusing that Apple haters make fun of its products yet the competition always seems to rush out and copy whatever Apple does. Same thing happened with iOS 7. Shortly after it was announced there were Android skins that looked just like it. :rolleyes:

matrix07

macrumors 601
Jun 24, 2010
I find it highly amusing that Apple haters make fun of its products yet the competition always seems to rush out and copy whatever Apple does. Same thing happened with iOS 7. Shortly after it was announced there were Android skins that looked just like it. :rolleyes:

Wow. Just wow. The shamelessness of some groups associated to Android is just astonishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.