Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
Yeah the switch doesn’t appear to work for me either, but that is what it is supposed to control.
For some reason that switch works for me, stops the half-second thing, I’m still on public beta 2 on both phone and watch

Reactions: rehkram

matc

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2008
Have we seen any signs of the DMA changes in the WatchOS beta versions? I'm specifically looking for changes related to the enablement of NFC payments for 3rd party apps. Currently it seems like this was only introduced on iOS and developer docs only mention iOS related design guidelines and documentations, nothing specifically for WatchOS on this topic...

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
I take it back, it does work if I flip the switch on the watch. It did not work when I flipped the switch on the phone.
The switch on the iphone works if you restart the watch, which is probably a bug to report. (Beta 3). FB13619485

Last edited:

TopFlight

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2023
Is anyone else having an issue trying to updating his/her 1st gen Apple watch ultra to 10.4 beta 3? It's failing for me.

****after several days of failing, the watch finally updated.

Last edited:

spartan1967

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2019
Watch os 10.4 beta 4 is out!
Had to install this on my S7 because latest 17.4 beta would not work with WatchOS 9 anymore. Happy to say daily battery life is the same & I love how they redid the weather app.

What does suck about WatchOS 10 is the fact of all of the extra clicks needed to get to the dock, which is a shell of its former self. Swipe up widgets are OK. Also sucks you can only control volume of a music app in Apple’s “Now Playing “ app on the watch.

spartan1967

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2019
Ditto.

Seems like the switch on the phone is useless.
Tried this one on 10.4 B4, S7. Default was on & counted 1 second before focused app came up in the double click "dock" on watch.
  • Turned off in iPhone Watch App, focused app still came up after 1 second
  • Swiped up the Watch app on iPhone with option off & reopened, focused app still came up after 1 second
  • Restarted watch with option still off in Watch app, focused app Does Not come up now

Reactions: rehkram

southnorth

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2018
What’s going on with the watchOS 10.4 RC? I thought maybe today was the day.

Very odd especially if the public release is scheduled for Monday alongside all the other releases. Can’t see a Friday RC release as it’s almost unknown doing that going into a weekend.

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
MacOS and WatchOS releases are most likely tied to the expected March event. Expect the RC or another beta next week, depending on when the event turns out to be.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Wonder if WatchOS 10.4 will have an unannounced feature not yet included in the betas, which would explain why they didn't release an RC. Quite weird.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
I wonder if they are holding it back because of new band colors for Spring release?
Are band colors included anywhere in the code, though?

I was also thinking it could be something to do with the oximeter function, maybe they found a way to enable it in those newer models that they’ll claim that it’s not using infringing tech but they want to make the announcement first.

Reactions: BriceApp
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.