Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
I told you I wasn’t part of the beta program. Not in those precise words, mind you.

Relax, there are 1,500 posts in this “beta” thread and I’m not studying yours with a magnifying glass. Simply wondered if there was a beta that wasn’t loading for me. Honest oversight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greyland

Macdctr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Ocean State
I just updated my Apple watch to watchOS 10.5 last night. Haven't played with my watch to see if there are any issues with the new watchOS yet. So far it is running okay.

Reactions: dallison13

dallison13

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Relax, there are 1,500 posts in this “beta” thread and I’m not studying yours with a magnifying glass. Simply wondered if there was a beta that wasn’t loading for me. Honest oversight.
🤣 People really do get snippy over the dumbest things don't they? Geez. Imagine life being so hard that someone had to remind someone that "they already told you" they weren't part of the Apple Watch Beta program! Good grief.....

Reactions: LarryJoe33

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
People really do get snippy over the dumbest things don't they? Geez. Imagine life being so hard that someone had to remind someone that "they already told you" they weren't part of the Apple Watch Beta program! Good grief.....

Yep, it’s pretty much the result of social media. Everyone is angry, critical and no one ever gets the benefit of doubt.

It’s all good. Said my peace and moved on. This has been a good thread.

Reactions: GBstoic

hsotnicam8002

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2008
United Kingdom
I just updated my Apple watch to watchOS 10.5 last night. Haven't played with my watch to see if there are any issues with the new watchOS yet. So far it is running okay.
My Ultra version 1 has been 'preparing' for hours. This has happened with previous betas. I'll give it an overnight before I start worrying.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
My Ultra version 1 has been 'preparing' for hours. This has happened with previous betas. I'll give it an overnight before I start worrying.

It likely will not complete preparing. Reboot your phone and it will start over. If it’s preparing, then it all on your phone and hasn’t begun the install to the watch.

Reactions: hsotnicam8002

hsotnicam8002

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2008
United Kingdom
It likely will not complete preparing. Reboot your phone and it will start over. If it’s preparing, then it all on your phone and hasn’t begun the install to the watch.
As previously, I lost patience after about 5 hours and rebooted both items. It still took over an hour to move from 'preparing' to 'verifying' and then moved extremely slowly onwards. Three hours later my watch was showing the countdown. Now all seems to be well with a very good battery life and issues.

Reactions: LarryJoe33

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
Battery life on my Ultra has been outstanding for a long while. So much so, I don't even think twice about installing it.

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
There is a new setting in Accessibility since beta 2, “Auto-Select Focused App”. This is intended behavior with that setting on, which appears to be the default.

I observe in 10.4 that the behavior is not consistent. Sometimes the focused app is selected in less than half a second, no chance to manually select an app. Not reproducible.
Anyone else?

mikelets456

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
Anything noticeably new on the latest beta?
I (just) installed last night and will report back. I'm getting desperate because my watch is at 5% or less by 8PM every day...just a few months ago it would be between 45%-65% by 10PM....Now I barely use it at all with the exception og glancing at it for the time or a text---and it's still draining rapidly. I have an Apple watch 7 with 10.5 Beta 2 and iPhone 15 Pro Max 17.4.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.