WATCH OS 5.2 ECG IN UK

leebroath

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Finally everyone’s in the UK can now use this

I honestly really thought we were never going to see this for at least another year!

This is a pleasant surprise and I think everyone here will agree

Last edited:

mrklaw

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2008
not unlocking for me - anyone else in the UK or supported country not able to open the app on their watch? Did the setup on the phone for it

johnyslats

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
Leeds, UK
not unlocking for me - anyone else in the UK or supported country not able to open the app on their watch? Did the setup on the phone for it
Try opening the watch app on iPhone and navigating to 'Heart'. App was greyed out on watch until I did this

d245770q

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2009
London
Here’s my issue.....

UK purchased Apple Watch and iPhone. UK Apple ID. Latest software on both Apple Watch and iPhone yet I’m on holiday in the Maldives and it’s stating my region is not supported?

Guessing I’ll have to wait until I get back to the UK to set it up???

Any advice?

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 68030
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Here’s my issue.....

UK purchased Apple Watch and iPhone. UK Apple ID. Latest software on both Apple Watch and iPhone yet I’m on holiday in the Maldives and it’s stating my region is not supported?

Any advice?
Hmmm Lazing in Maldives or doing an ECG check. Tough call that one ;)

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Here’s my issue.....

Any advice?
Patience is a virtue ;)

LouiseG

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2015
Scotland
I’m guessing I’m not going to be able to use the ECG function on my watch after reading this statement on Apple site:

Make sure that the ECG app is available in your country or region and that you're in the country or region where your device was purchased.

I bought my series 4 AW when I was on holiday in Australia but have UK based Apple ID etc. Going by above statement it would only work when in Australia (obviously when ECG released there). Only reason I bought the watch was for this feature.

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2011
FL
I just updated the iPhone and the watch but I see nothing about ECG.
watch model is A2008

AaronG123

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2012
UK
Anyone have any idea how to enable ECG...? No option under Health app, not under Apple Watch app, no ECG app. iOS 12.2, WatchOS 5.2. Reset both devices. Neither have beta profile anymore. Tried switching to US language and back again. Model is European A2008 version, UK. Lost ‍♂

john991

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario
You’ve given us absolutely nothing to go on to enable us to help you. Unless you were just making a statement?
Looks like that model doesn’t support ECG.
Anyone have any idea how to enable ECG...? No option under Health app, not under Apple Watch app, no ECG app. iOS 12.2, WatchOS 5.2. Reset both devices. Neither have beta profile anymore. Tried switching to US language and back again. Model is European A2008 version, UK. Lost ‍♂
Where did you buy the watch? (Which country?)

will0407

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2006
I bought my series 4 AW when I was on holiday in Australia but have UK based Apple ID etc. Going by above statement it would only work when in Australia (obviously when ECG released there). Only reason I bought the watch was for this feature.
UK resident, also bought mine and my wife's AW4 in Oz on holiday, did the software updates on my XS and AW today but no sign of the ECG feature. Tried asking siri to open ECG but get a response saying I don't have an app called ECG on my apple watch.

Guessing we won't be able to use it until it's enabled in Oz, annoying!

johnyslats

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
Leeds, UK
Guessing we won't be able to use it until it's enabled in Oz, annoying!
You may need to book yourselves a return trip to Oz when it does get enabled there. Based on what I've read here and online, as of iOS 12.2, for non US watches, it would seem you also need to activate the ECG feature whilst physically in the country where the watch was purchased.

Toonartist

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Well, the apps working but, it's a bit of a pain to get a reading. You have to have a HR of 50bpm or more which is a bit of a problem or me as my resting is 38, sat down reading is normally 40-44 and to get it over 50 I have to do a quick jog on the spot, sit down quick and catch it before it dips below 50 again.

Tried taking a reading while walking but it doesn't like that. It took 9 attempts to get one and that only just scrapped through on a 50bpm

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2008
So, done 11 tests now, all of mine are super messy with very small peaks, all of them ok though except for one, I sat differently and had my head and arm different and it came up with AF, I know my heart isn’t the best and had a full multi lead 24 hour ECG some years ago, and doctor said I had some crossed wires so to speak and the little pains and palpitations I get occasionally would just be an annoyance I’d have to live with, I don’t know what to think about it though.

My mother tried it with my watch, she’s in her sixties, has high blood pressure, her reading was much cleaner with much bigger peaks, more like what I’d expected.

LouiseG

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2015
Scotland
You may need to book yourselves a return trip to Oz when it does get enabled there. Based on what I've read here and online, as of iOS 12.2, for non US watches, it would seem you also need to activate the ECG feature whilst physically in the country where the watch was purchased.
Yes, that is the impression I got from the quote on the website.