Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drewpoc

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2012
This has never been an issue on my series 3 until OS 7. After numerous threads and debunking in certain it happens after I leave wifi connection for a period of time or unstable connection. It happens everyday I leave for work.. within 10 minutes of leaving it crashes. They need to address this immediately

Lz0

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2002
Melbourne
I was having the same issue and so I came here and read the posts only to find I would need to wait until Apple came up with a fix.

WRONG!

So my Watch 3 os ok now and what I did was perform a reset but not from within the phone Watch app, I reset the watch from within the watch and its been two days now and no random restarts.

Give it a try.

bwh1248

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2017
+1 on the rebooting issues. They started a few days after I upgraded on release day and continued today even after installing 7.0.1 last night. My watch is a lot less useful now. So I really hope they fix this soon!

RossH51

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2016
Another one on the rebooting on Series 3 LTE with OS7. Same thing as others....watch has always been stable until OS7 and now reboots about once per day. I think, it might be related to connections to Bluetooth and off to direct phone but having seen these posts will start taking more notice. On 7.01 but no different.

MJ22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2017
I have a brand new series 6 and this is happening. People have reported that it might be connected to WiFi. Like the crashes happen if you leave a network or it’s searching and can’t connect, things like that. I turned WiFi off on my watch so we’ll see how tomorrow goes.

Someone on another thread did report that it crashed during a run workout - and still recorded the run and did not cut it off or lose data,which is nice. If that’s true I can live with it until they patch it with a fix.

Reactions: appleuser181

Ferret34

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2016
Seattle
My Series 4 has been crashing/ rebooting repeatedly since update. Sometimes a self-reboot, more often a total blackout, and inability to reboot, or start of reboot and goes to black again, requiring putting it on charger, where it boots up and usually works properly— most of the time, not always. It does this regardless of whether charge is at 15% or 85%. I’ve not established any correlation with car audio, earphones or other peripherals, amount of charge, or WiFI. Right in the middle of a walk, no peripherals, iPhone 11 Pro in pocket, it may crash. Inconsistent and distressingly unreliable. Prior to update, it never crashed.

Drewtw02

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2020
My series 4 lte is also having the same issues. Tried a hard reset, factory reset, and restore. battery life is also compromised as it only last about 3 hours no matter how long it is on the charger

Tofupunch

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Same here. Series 3 and the latest watchOS 7.0.1. I updated to the latest os a few days ago. Today I noticed it constantly crashing. at one point, the watch just wouldn't even turn on. Come on apple!

techtechtech

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2017
UK
My Series 3 Nike watch has randomly rebooted twice now since the OS 7 update, never had either of my watches do this in the past.

goonie4life9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Folks, here is the latest from Apple. I spoke to a Senior Advisor and he assured me that this is not an issue because he has never, ever heard of any bugs or crashes happening with WatchOS 7. If there were bugs or crashes with WatchOS 7, he would know about it before any customers, because Apple talks to a million customers a minute. So, because bugs and crashes are totally not happening with WatchOS 7, Apple’s official position on the matter is to keep your watch updated to the latest version of WatchOS and follow the steps in this Apple Support article about resolving bugs in WatchOS 7 (which are totally not happening anyway): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211865

Lz0

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2002
Melbourne
I was having the same issue and so I came here and read the posts only to find I would need to wait until Apple came up with a fix.

WRONG!

So my Watch 3 os ok now and what I did was perform a reset but not from within the phone Watch app, I reset the watch from within the watch and its been two days now and no random restarts.

Give it a try.

I take that back. After updating to 7.0.1 the problem returned and this time a reset doesn't fix the issue.

Thanks Apple

kecinzer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2015
Czech republic
Today I had my first reboot with watch series 6 and watchOS 7.0.1 since sep-29 when it arrives.
I was at home only, without any BT connections. I already drove my car many time with BT connected and few calls without problem.

bigappleny

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2021
Did this issue get resolved for people with the latest watchOS?

I'm having the following issue for the last few months with my Apple Watch 4 cellular.

Battery is full, go for run, watch turns off mid run. When I turn the watch back on, the battery is at 10%. I was using the Nike Run Club app and Apple Music during the run. Sometimes, the watch wouldn’t turn off mid run but still the battery would go down from 95% to 10-15% after the run—ridiculous.

After I updated the Watch OS, things improved and 1) the watch didn’t turn off mid run and 2) the battery only went down to 60-70%. But right after I would end the run on NRC, the watch would often crash/turn off.

Then today…same story, but now using Strava. Watch turns off mid run. When I press the watch button, only the time shows with the lightning bolt meaning that battery is very low. So I put it on the charger, and right away it goes to 70%+ battery.

This is so annoying. Any suggestions?

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
Did this issue get resolved for people with the latest watchOS?

I'm having the following issue for the last few months with my Apple Watch 4 cellular.

Battery is full, go for run, watch turns off mid run. When I turn the watch back on, the battery is at 10%. I was using the Nike Run Club app and Apple Music during the run. Sometimes, the watch wouldn’t turn off mid run but still the battery would go down from 95% to 10-15% after the run—ridiculous.

After I updated the Watch OS, things improved and 1) the watch didn’t turn off mid run and 2) the battery only went down to 60-70%. But right after I would end the run on NRC, the watch would often crash/turn off.

Then today…same story, but now using Strava. Watch turns off mid run. When I press the watch button, only the time shows with the lightning bolt meaning that battery is very low. So I put it on the charger, and right away it goes to 70%+ battery.

This is so annoying. Any suggestions?
Sounds like a bad battery.

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
I spoke with support and they ran diagnostics. They couldn't find any issue and only suggestion was to go to an Apple store to have it physically checked. Not what I wanted to hear...
Those crashes are exactly what my ipad (5 year old battery) and phone (2 year old battery) were doing. Then we replaced the batteries and no issues since then. Apple is being a boob.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.