Watch the Samsung Ad and Vomit in the Mouth

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Phanatic, Dec 22, 2013.

1. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

Ya i just watched it and it was pretty stupid and boring. I kinda like that new samsung add with the eleves and santa acting like steve jobs even though they are advertising the galaxy gear. What about you, I think it is cute but it is kinda copying apple?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbYIiPq8tG0

2. the caveman macrumors 6502

3. Arcade macrumors regular

Arcade

I like the watch but I don't like android at all. Spent 5 - 6 months using and could not get use it.

4. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

I would say Santa was acting more like Balmer than Jobs. I also don't see how this is copying Apple in any way.

5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Knowing where Samsung is from, this reminds me of that late night program where this guy was dispensing financial advice real estate something and he always surrounded himself with fancy cars and boats and bikinied women. You know which one am talking about.

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Ad was really really stupid. Only part I enjoyed was when the guy drops the glass trying to get his phone. But that's not so amazing so clearly Samsung doesn't know how to make and ad. If you cant make an ad you cant make a product.

7. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

These companies don't make the ads at all. They pay people to do it for them most of the time so it has no effect on the product being made.

8. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

They cant find someone to make ads so they cant make products. lol just kidding.:D

9. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Of course there is an Ad agency involved.

The difference is, when Jobs wanted the "Think Different" campaign, the Ad agency came back and said "Think Different" is grammatically incorrect! but Jobs insisted "Think Different" reflects more accurately what he was going for - Issacson's book.

10. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

And the point is? Basing a product based on their ad campaign is just foolish in my opinion.

11. Mrbobb macrumors 601

The point is, when Apple made Ads, specifically when Jobs was around, he was going for a message, not necessarily specific to a product, he was telling you why you should buy an Apple product, not because it got gigahertz or big screen or whatever, he wanted you to aspire to something grand.

Samsung message this Ad: Buy Gear, Get Chicks. LAME-O.

12. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Not sure I do feel the "I'm a Mac" campaign had an Apple is cool and PC's are for nerds.

13. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

OMG ... The most emotionLESS and bland AD ever !!!!

No highs lows in the dialogues .... poor actors ... did they cut the budget suddenly or what

14. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

Creepy, the guy took 64 photos and videos of the girl.

I LMAO at the crowd dancing

15. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

The Galaxy Gear has the highest return rate of any product at Best Buy if memory serves.

16. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

that was the dumbest waist of my time in years...

17. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Sometimes I'm glad Youtube is blocked in this country.

18. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

Samsung has one of the worst media/advertising team in the industry. Oh wait...

19. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I expected to see KITT drive up !

Its funny enough seeing anyone asking Siri something in public so using a watch like this would be ubra funny.

20. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Not everyone chooses to own an iPad. Android, for everyone's complaints, works well and the browser does not crash:p.

I prefer my Air after 7.1. :eek:

21. Batiatus macrumors newbie

I had to check the YouTube channel if this ad was really published by official Samsung profile. Unfortunately it is the official profile. This ad is horrible I don't know what were they thinking.

22. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Oh god, that was bad. I was just waiting for it to end. And anyone who uses theirs like that guy would be considered either a stalker or a d-bag.

Oh yeah, you post inline YouTube videos with the tag [youtube ]videoIDonly(not URL)[/youtube ] remove spaces in brackets.

23. Reason077, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013

Reason077 macrumors 68000

Reason077

Well, it's no worse than Apple's silly sentimental christmas effort. This ad may be cheesy, but it reinforces the idea that the cool, young, good looking people should be using Samsung devices. iPhones are for old people now.

Personally, after seeing this ad, I'm convinced. I'm off to buy 2 galaxy gears. Nobody wants to be "that guy" who doesn't have one this holiday season.

24. Reason077 macrumors 68000

Reason077

Well, yes, but you did watch it to the end. So I'd say its a success.