Watchfaces: Which one is yours?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by SavinienCyrano, Apr 11, 2015.

?

Which watch face are you most likely to choose?

1. Chronograph

22.6%
  2. Color

4.1%
  3. Modular

13.6%
  4. Utility

8.1%
  5. Mickey Mouse

19.0%
  6. Simple

7.2%
  7. Motion

12.2%
  8. Solar

3.2%
  9. Astronomy

10.0%
  1. SavinienCyrano macrumors newbie

Now that most of us have probably made the most difficult Apple Watch decisions (size, case and band), let's have a look at the next, equally challenging choice to make: Which watch face are you currently planning to use?

Are you going more for imagery (Mickey, butterflies or flowers) or for maximum information? Let's use Apple's official list and titles as shown here for reference and get a clearer picture of our preferences! Additional comments are welcome. I decided against including a "not sure yet" option in the poll (I guess that nobody is) - just check your current favorite.

For myself, I am pretty much undecided at the moment. I assume that I would enjoy to have the activity complication visible and like the idea of having the next appointment in plain sight. For the moment, I would probably lean towards Chronograph.

Looking forwards to the results!

2. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

I'll need to get it to know. I was going for jellyfish during the day, but I've now played with one and found out they are annoyingly limiting on the complications. You can't add anything but the date to the jellyfish/flower butterfly one and it wasn't the only face like that.
    I find that very annoying as I want things like the activity circles and next Callander appointment, otherwise it won't feel like a smart watch when looking at the face. I don't understand why they can't allow these corner based complications in all faces.

3. RayDonovan macrumors regular

RayDonovan

That astronomy one with all the planets got me. I thought i saw in the demo that it was actually 3d but when i played with it in the store it was flat.

4. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

I like the looks of simple & utility for more of a classic look. I think modular looks more useful and quite nice for a digital face though

5. MrLoL macrumors 6502

MrLoL

I like the jellyfish in Motion one, but I hope we will be able to choose only one jellyfish, and not change specie each time I raise my wrist..

6. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Modular, normally, but, when I'm uncorking a nice red wine and readying for a chill evening, I'm going to switch it up to Solar.

7. Pooshka macrumors 65816

I like the one that shows sunset and sunrise.

8. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Motion, set to jellyfish will probably be my first one. If I want or need more info on my Watch face I'll change it accordingly, but that jellyfish animation in store was so cool, simple and unique.

Astronomy is my second favorite. We'll see what happened when I get it. I'm very excited!

9. profmatt, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Chronograph, utility, Mickey, simple

So far as faces go, I really think they knocked it out of the park.

10. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I imagine that I won't stick to one, I think I'll be changing them to suit my mood.

I like the look of the butterfly, flower, jelly fish, solar system and Mickey Mouse watch faces!

11. Notme90 macrumors member

my wrist size is about 55mm i got the 42 cg
    i tried it today and i think it fits great

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I think Chronograph will be my main one, may mix it up with Simple or Utility. I prefer analogue though, so not sure if I'll try some of the digital faces.

13. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Agree, it is a little like wall paper for your Mac, iPhone or iPad. I like to change often for variety. Not only will I probably change it often but likely to do a lot of customizing so it is always different.

14. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Initially Mickey Mouse to show my little girl. Will have a play after and see which I like best.

15. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

16. AJT-au macrumors member

AJT-au

I'm going with utility because I prefer analogue faces on watches and I want to be able to see what class I have next on the face

17. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I expect to spend far too much time playing with them all but I have a feeling Simple with a calendar will be my go-to face and Mickey when I'm feeling like a big kid (more often than you'd think :D) but I'm also very drawn to the Chronograph.

18. urda Suspended

urda

I honestly don't know, I liked a lot of them when I played with the demo units today!

19. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

I'll change it up a lot but I really like motion one with the flowers.

20. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

I'll switch them up, but I'm rocking M I C ... K E Y ... M O U S E for a while. I had a Mickey Mouse watch as a kid and this brought back good memories

21. zed2 macrumors 6502a

I'm really surprised that Apple are not allowing developers to design their own watch faces.. I know there was that stuff about copy right and people ripping off well known watch face designs.

I have a pebble at the moment and designed my own watch face which I really like. It's digital but has all the time related information on it that I need. I travel a lot so I have it show me my home time when I'm away as well as local time, just for example.

22. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

Modular for me. I love that the font color can match my band color. It's actually what sold me on the watch.

23. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Yes, I know
    It's like launching a iMac and having only 9 backgrounds with a few fixed icons in place, but then saying: "There are millions of screens as you can change the look of the icons and what they do" :D

Shame we are going to have millions of people all with zero individuality at least for a while.

I'm sure, almost (apart from a few very weird people!) are hoping this will open up before long, so you can make the watch much more personal to you.

Picture of your loved one, being THE most obvious one I'd imagine for many.

24. leenak macrumors 68020

So although I understand the appeal of the original mickey mouse watches, I have to say that the animated mickey mouse face creeps me out.

Having said that, I do like the motion one and astronomy.

25. technosix macrumors 6502a

I'm enthused but not obsessed with the Apple Watch. Therefore I'll wait and decide the easy way, with watch in hand.

----------

Don't be startled if you hear Mickey singing to you in the middle of the night...

:eek: