Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The watchOS 10.1 update that came out today fixes a bug that was causing Weather complications not to load properly on Apple Watch faces. First reported in September, the issue resulted in blank Weather complications even when the Weather app was working as intended.

weather-complications.jpg

Apple in a newly published support document says that Apple Watch owners experiencing a problem with Weather complications should update their devices to watchOS 10.1 or later.

If the Weather complications don't show up even after updating the Apple Watch to watchOS 10.1, Apple says that users will need to reset their iPhone's Location settings. In the Settings app under Privacy > Security > Location Services, Apple says that users should scroll down to Weather, tap "Never" under Allow Location Access, then tap the original setting.

Should that not work, Apple recommends that users go to General > "Transfer or Reset iPhone," then tap on Reset > Reset Location & Privacy to reset all privacy and location settings on the iPhone.

After the watchOS 10.0.2 update came out in September, there were reports from some Apple Watch users that the problem had been fixed, but it turned out that any fix was temporary and the Weather complication stopped working again.

Article Link: watchOS 10.1 Fixes Apple Watch Weather Complication Bug

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2019
New York
I never had that issue and hope that this fix for those who have/had it doesn't introduce it for me. 😳

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
had this issue when I first upgraded my Ultra 1 to 10, but disappeared after a couple hours, can't remember what I did. Never had this issue on my Ultra 2 ...
there's been several threads in the forum so hopefully its fixed indeed.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
Yeah, but it broke the HR complication.

Just updated on my S7. HR complication is not working on watch faces.

I can tap where the complication would be and it will open up the app, but it’s blank on the watch face.

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
This was an issue for me ever since the big update. Kept uninstalling the weather app and reinstalling to have it only be fixed for like 10 minutes. Good to see this bug get squashed

Moukee

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2023
Always had this issue as soon as I paired the watch with a new iPhone. Glad it's finally fixed, the weather app and complication was basically useless for me.

Macheath_Messer

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2003
Ringgold, GA
Complication worked fine for me with WatchOS 10, but broke for me after 10.0.1. Keeping fingers crossed it will work again! Unpairing/Re-pairing my Watch Series 6, just to see if it will help. Didn't work when I attempted unpairing/re-pairing under 10.0.1, but hoping this time, it will. :)

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Yeah, but it broke the HR complication.

Just updated on my S7. HR complication is not working on watch faces.

I can tap where the complication would be and it will open up the app, but it’s blank on the watch face.
Same for me. I guess this is what is expected from Apple's software team these days... fix one bug and introduce another.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
never had this issue but updated to 10.1 and on my watch face the weather complication stopped working...

Rebooted watch and it appeared again

But watch app on iPhone still shows missing complications

Nairolf

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2021
Can this ugly white box be fixed now too?
I really hate it :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 86

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
Why couldn't Apple do a simple hotfix rather making us wait a long ass time for 10.1?

Last edited:

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
I’m getting a weird issue where I’ll go to look at the time or something, but for some reason, my calendar is open. This has been happening constantly since the 10.0 release. I’ve had Apple Watch since s0 and this has never happened before. I’m on an s8 now.

Japan Ricardo

macrumors regular
May 11, 2022
Can this ugly white box be fixed now too?
I really hate it :(
Exactly. The humidity is showing on the upper-left complication, and there’s no need to redact the temperature. I get blanking the calendar complication on face down, but the temperature’s hardly sensitive, personal data…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.