WatchOS 2 Impressions/Discussions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mr.anthonyramos, Jun 8, 2015.

1. mr.anthonyramos macrumors regular

mr.anthonyramos

Any thoughts on what was presented on the new WatchOS 2?

For some reason, I feel like this is exactly how the Apple Watch should have been launched. But either way, I am loving the update and can't wait to give it a whirl!

2. flur macrumors 68000

I'm bummed he didn't mention any notification haptic customizations, but yeah, they're adding a lot of things that should have been there to begin with. It's a bit frustrating to have to wait until the fall for all this stuff. I hope we get a bug fix and stability update before then.

3. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I'm pretty excited about it. I like the idea of having HealthKit all on the Watch alone.

4. bh85 macrumors regular

bh85

I liked the updates. Reading and replying to email is big for me. Great feature that they added. I'm excited about the store cards in apple pay. Native apps are going to be awesome. Being able to add watch face to the background is nice. Hopefully we will see some nice backgrounds made for apple watch. I'm hoping for a nice brushed aluminum background. I think it would look nice. If someone can Photoshop it, that would be awesome :)

5. tomaustin44 macrumors regular

Definitely how it should have been on launch. I think its going to make a huge difference to performance and the user experience in general. I reckon the apps we've got now will instantly seem ancient when the first native apps launch in autumn. Particularly happy third party apps are going to be able to contribute to the rings... still hoping they will also have quietly solved the HR sensor issues.

Time Travel is quite an interesting idea too... not sure how much I'll use it but with the third party complications it could come in pretty useful.

Really hoping developers get cracking on the native apps so we've got some good ones ready for autumn.

6. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

I am really looking forward to it. Health on the watch, Timetravel, native apps, awesome!

But the presentation was.. Blergh..

7. Jack426 macrumors regular

Jack426

I feel like Apple kind of put the Apple Watch on the back burner in favor of their new music service... :(

8. AtheistP3ace macrumors 6502a

AtheistP3ace

Yea I am excited for everything but was a little let down with the you will be able to add all these new complications to faces that support complications. Was really hoping the motion faces would get complication support. Either way excited about all the new stuff coming.

9. youradhere4222 macrumors 6502

I like the improvements but I was disappointed by the limited additions to watch faces. His comment about Apple Watch being the most customizable watch still doesn't have much basis.

10. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

It's the little things! I love to see watchOS 2. It's like with the original iPhone. They first get out the device with with their own Apps and then open it up to the developer Community. This will be an awesome week for those attending.

11. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

How is anyone complaining about the timeline for this stuff? Gives us all something to look forward to and they're really just getting started.

Can't wait!

12. antnee macrumors regular

was hoping for a watchface store....bummer everything else looks nice.

13. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I have a feeling that a lot of this stuff just wasn't ready at launch and instead of delaying the product launch, they figured they'd just expand the OS later. This should push quite a few people over the fence I think.

14. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I was also hoping for notification haptic optimizations and different sounds other than the lame little ding. Could not feel the taps if I was up and moving around and the ding I can not hear in more noisy environments. AT the same time the watch causes my iPhone to go silent.

These are the number one reasons i returned my SB AW.

15. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

I like that FaceTime audio is being addressed as a major feature ... this gives the developers the ability to work with FaceTime on the watch before they add and announce the video camera for the Gen 2 release for full FaceTime video compatibility from the watch.

16. Crazy Matt macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

They did. But it has the potential to be a huge revenue stream for them, so I guess I get it. I wonder if the watchOS 2 update will lure in any potential buyers that have been on the fence.

17. SHNXX macrumors 68000

Why couldn't they open up the entire watch faces to the developers?

18. ifarlow macrumors regular

ifarlow

People are acting as if what was introduced today during WWDC 15 was it, as if there will be no more to reveal with watchOS 2. The reality is that there will be more surprises in store, both good and bad, and we will start seeing more fine-grained details when people start loading the watchOS 2 beta on their devices.

Give it a few days.

19. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

Now that fitness apps can work on the phone then hopefully someone who uses a chest strapped HRM can pair it with the watch and then the apps can get it directly from the strap or the watch. This way you don't have to worry about closing apps or what is currently connected.

20. basher macrumors 6502

basher

In your opinion which smart watch is the most customizable?

21. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

This update looks great, and really gets the watch closer to what I want in a smart watch. Only things left are camera support for facetime video calls, longer battery life, and circular display. Can't wait til mine comes in.

22. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I know it's not because of me but I submitted feedback to Apple to allow 3rd party complications to watch faces and they actually revealed this feature today :)

23. shortcrust macrumors 6502

That's how I feel too. The alternative wouldn't be having a better watch now, it'd be having no watch now. I find the idea of having loads of little incremental changes really exciting!

24. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

I'd have to say that Moto 360.

25. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Whoever that was giving the watchOS presentation has all the stage presence and charisma of a toilet seat. Necessary, functional, but very boring.