Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
This is basically the same thing as Power Reserve mode 🤷‍♂️
No, it’s not even close. Power reserve mode shuts off the watch and just shows you the time when you click the side button. Low power mode continues to run to watch, you can raise your arm, look at the time, track steps, you get notifications. It’s completely and utterly different.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021

Not quite. Power Reserve mode shows you the time and battery charge and that's it. Also getting out of it requires a reboot. This seems to let you use apps and all interactive functionality but turns off all automatic features, and can be turned on and off with a toggle like the iPhone's Low Power Mode (since every feature is a proper noun apparently.)

Mrjoedot

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2012
Asean market
no.

Power Reserve RESERVES the battery fully. complete darkness unless toggled. then the time and date will appear.

Low Power....well, since you must have an iPhone, you gotta know what it does

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK

It’s not the same thing. In power reserve mode you can only see the time and nothing else. Here you’ll still be able to see your notifications, messages etc. it’s just the fitness tracking, AOD and health sensors that aren’t available.

edotch

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2014
Mexico
Hi to everyone. I want to know if i am working in fitness does the low power mode will still tracking my workout?? Or just will disable the workout auto start?

alexonline

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2015
Thank you for saving me money, Apple.

This is basically the same watch as series 7.

Yes, menstruation and crash monitoring are nice features -- as well as a power-saving mode -- but I wonder how essential for those of us that had hoped for a redesign or more compelling capabilities.

I have bought an Apple Watch every year since its introduction -- in stainless steel no less. This is the first year that I walked away unimpressed.
So Apple Watch Ultra wasn’t enough of an upgrade for you?

NARadyk

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2021
UK
Apologies if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but will low power mode affect sleep tracking?

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I’m hoping I don’t need to use this on the ultra but on my series 7 it’s proving useful so far. Bet my watch would be dead by now. Giving me an extra 3 hours with 8% left

oryan_dunn

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2020
I love the new low power mode. But where is power reserve now?
I was wondering the same thing. It seems to be completely gone from the UI. I've not let my watch get down to 10% or whatever the auto threshold was for Power Reserve, perhaps it's only available at very low battery now. But it sure seems like Low Power Mode replaced Power Reserve.

Reactions: anticipate
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.