watchOS beta 4 changes/bugs

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dictoresno, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. dictoresno, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited by zhaoxin: Aug 2, 2016

dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Haven't seen any watchOS fixes/findings threads like we have for the iOS 10 betas. Anyone want to contribute here what changes or bugs they find? Theres been many small visual changes between beta 1 and 4. I'll make it a wiki thread so anyone can add to it.

Version: 14S5302d

Changes:

• Number/symbol keypad option in scribble is removed. Scribble now recognizes/allows for better number/symbol recognition.
    • Siri/emoji/scribble menu buttons now highlighted blue for iMessage and green for SMS
    • After using a quick reply, the screen auto-scrolls back up through the other quick replies to the message body instead of fading back to it.
    • Don't know if this is the first appearance in beta 4, I just found you can dismiss a notification by swipe from top edge to bottom when the notification is on its top in detail mode.

Bugs:

• Using timer complication on the modular face, the actual countdown time under the timer icon disappears. Reboot of the watch fixes the issue. In my own experience, tap the crown to show apps also fix this issue.

2. FrisbeeK9, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016

FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

--

3. LewisChapman macrumors 6502a

LewisChapman

Although this thread is a duplicate, I find it far easier to view changes in a thread-per-release basis than a huge thread with all releases contained like our sticky.

For this reason I actually have been visiting the Apple Watch forum section a lot less compared to say the iOS forum section which is thread-per-release.

4. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Please show me how this thread is a duplicate. There are no beta 4 findings/fixes thread. There's only an outdated beta 3 "all the little things" sticky.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

It says watchOS 3 Beta, not beta 3. The OP is edited with beta 4.

"-- watchOS 3 beta 4 (14S5302d) --
    • The watchOS Software Update process no longer requires the Apple Watch be plugged into the charger to install.
    • Tweaked Message/Email reply buttons. Reply buttons are now blue in color for iMessages and Green on Text Messages [Source]
    • The dismiss button for quick reply now pops up after you scroll through the quick reply options for a bit
    • Removed the ability to select special characters/numbers in Scribble.
    • Tweaked workout Lock/Pause/Resume buttons [Source]
    Feel free to post some of the things you discovered, and update the post. Please don't post bug reports here, however, any other discussion about watchOS is welcome!

I plan to keep this thread up-to-date with every little thing discovered, however small it may be."

6. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The thread title might say just beta, but members have been reporting some beta 4 changes if you visit the last pages of the sticky.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Don't get me wrong, as LewisChapman said, I prefer the individual threads as well, but because its technically a duplicate, mods might merge it.

9. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

i didnt realize they were updating a thread somewhere else.

10. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

It's a good idea to have specifics for bugs and changes. So far Beta 4 for me has been the best.

Finally, the activity watch face is instant on wrist raise. All previous betas had a delay as long as a second before activating.

11. lonman06 macrumors regular

can someone else check this. In beta 3 I used apple's weather complications. top left was temp and top right was condition. On beta 4 it looks like neither of these load and all I get is a white line.

12. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

13. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Both work fine for me. I use carrot mostly, but have used the Apple ones during the betas and have the condition in the top right and the weather in the top left now without an issue.

14. batting1000 macrumors 604

Bug: The Dismiss button on text message notifications doesn't work. Tapping it brings you back to the watch face (or notification center) and the notification is still there.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 3, 2016 ---
    Still delays for me after a while of not checking the watch.

15. batting1000 macrumors 604

Beta 5...

Unreal...Dismiss button on text notifications still doesn't work.

16. Neo1975 macrumors regular

I don't know what beta this was added in, but the camera app has tap to focus. Also the Digital Crown makes the camera zoom. Very nice !

17. Banich2 macrumors regular

I can't find the WatchOS Beta 5 thread, so I'll post here that my watch no longer has the ability to take screen shots when pushing both buttons at the same time. Anyone else?

18. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

There is a setting for this feature. Did you turn it on? Apple Watch app on the phone - general - enable screenshots.

19. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

You know that's been disabled by default for awhile, right?
    Watch app on iPhone - General, Enable Screenshots

Edit: Whoops - missed it by that much. ;)

20. Bob190 macrumors 6502

Beta 5 ... HR monitor seems a little flaky in Beta 5.

Went for a 5-mile run at lunch and seemed to get a lot of cadence lock (HR monitor locking to your run cadence and reporting that as your HR). That was non-existent in the previous betas. Hopefully just a fluke, but it had been near perfect in Beta 2 to Beta 4.

21. naasrd macrumors 6502

naasrd

Not sure if it's a feature or a bug but now, when I want to delete an SMS, I have to swipe twice.

22. DeutscheMark macrumors regular

DeutscheMark

Do you mean in the notification list? That list is very buggy since beta 4 for me. Often it needs me to swipe a notification at least twice, before the delete button even comes up.

23. mcaswell macrumors member

Strange... this works for me.

24. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

I find a few times I need to swipe for it to register.

25. mcaswell macrumors member

Actually, I think I see what you mean now, possibly. When I hit the Dismiss button, the text msg notification does go away, but if I swipe down from the top, that message is still shown among the notifications.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.