Water damage, possible logicboard

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Smrtka, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Smrtka macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'll try to explain my situation, there was a small amount on vodka spilled on a macbook, it was drying on rice for few weeks and than the owner left it in cupboard for a year and a half and now it traveled to my desk, now the problem is:

I've connected the mac on charger, for few minutes charger could decide what is wrong with him so was flashing orange and green and than back to orange, now its solid green but when i test the battery with the button from underneath, it shows only one light so assume battery is dead.

That is not as problematic as the rest of the process, when i turn the mac on it boots up gets to osx and than screen shuts, it seems that it goes to an sleep state because i can wake it up with any button abut only for another like 2 to 4 seconds and than it shuts again to the same state.

Every time i wake up the computer it makes a sound like a disk waking up from sleep state and i have a suspicion that it might be the disk whom is causing all the problems.

please bear in mind i have limited to none experience with mac but i am not afraid to open the laptop and take a look.

Thanks

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Something is definitely fried. So it will require an expert to take a look and see what was it.