water on keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by yitz, Dec 14, 2010.

1. yitz macrumors newbie

water spilled on the right side of my keyboard, but everything worked fine right after. however a day later the DELETE,EJECT,AND VOLUME buttons stop working. I took off the keys and cleaned underneath with a Qtip. still not [/I]working.

PLEASE HELP!!!!! THANKS :(

2. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Firstly, wrong forum. You want one of the MacBook forums, unless you've somehow managed to get the keys off a cheap aluminium desktop keyboard?

Secondly, you've probably broken it, especially by using it so quickly after getting it wet. The usual advice is to put the water-soaked device in a container of rice and leave for 3+ days.

3. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

If it's the stock thin aluminum keyboard that ships with every iMac and Mac Pro, good luck getting it open, outside of popping off the key caps. The aluminum and plastic panels are glued together and would easily bend if pried apart.

The keyboard isn't ungodly expensive. You can get a replacement for $50 (or maybe less by shopping around).

4. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

you killed it. blow dryer on and off for at least 3 days to dry it.

if it is just a keyboard it is under 100 to replace. if its a laptop oh well.