Way to secure iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macinthelou, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Macinthelou, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011

Macinthelou macrumors member

I would like to set up my iPhone with an external speaker in a semi-public place, so I am looking for some sort of lock I can attach to the iPhone so it can't be stolen. I realize that there is nothing that can completely prevent this, I am just looking for some sort of deterrent, like a cable lock for a laptop.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

(I should note that this is an iPhone 3G)

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I've never heard of such a thing. You could get a plexiglass box, cut a hole in it for the charging cable, then nail the box to the table somehow.

3. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Maybe just use a regular ol' iPod?

I'd never leave my personal cell in a place where people could mess with it. What happens if someone thinks it's funny to call 911 from your iPhone and run away?

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I agree. Use an iPod, CD, etc ... but don't leave your cell.

5. Macinthelou thread starter macrumors member

I have an iPhone 4, this is my old iPhone 3G, so it's not really my cell phone anymore, effectively, it's an iPod touch...

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'd suggest going to an Apple/AT&T store and asking an associate what the would recommend. I doubt the locks they use are commercially available, but they may be able to give you some tips. That said, I would pick up a nano or stream the music, as others have said you probably will need to use the phone at some point and it just seems a little risky all around.

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123