We all knew it was coming... Smash My iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrat93, Jun 15, 2007.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

The kids from smashsomestuff.com are at it again! After smashing PS1, 2 and 3, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboys, XBox 360's, computers, iPods, a PSP and some cell phones, the insecure brats are about to destroy an Apple iPhone. They are trying to raise $500. Let's hope they get stuck with an expensive contract.

http://www.smashsomestuff.com/iphone/

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

3. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

What is the fun in doing this?

Just keep the damn phone!

It's so...weird!

4. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

5. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Oh nice! They will be at the San Francisco store so I will be able to watch them in person :D

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It will be funny if they end up getting the 500 and then having to spend twice that on the contract.

7. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

They won't get stuck in a contract. Even paying $200 isn't a problem (for early termination), they will make that back in ad revenue alone.

8. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

they are quite weird...but really, who cares...it will be their phone, let'em do what they want with it

9. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

"flagship store in san fransisico"

I though it was in NY... :rolleyes:

10. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Those sick little... I know it's their iPhone and all that but, it's will be awesome. I bet they turn it on and play with it a while and they'll just be unable to do it. If not, I'll try to be there to, uh, dissuade them:D . Some people...

11. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

There are people who cannot eat. That's all I can think of when looking at their list of contributors.

12. St. Germain macrumors 6502

Yeah, well people also goto plays, sporting events, and amusement parks every day. That's all this really is, entertainment.

Don't get me wrong, I won't send them any money, but that's what people are paying for. Some people are entertained by this sort of thing. At least no one really gets hurt by it.

Whoever mentioned their ad revenue earlier is dead on. They'll make many times more than the cost of a plan and the iPhone in ad revenue alone.

13. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

many companies have more than one flagship store. it just denotes a bigger or better store most of the time. not like it's their "big papa" store of America.

14. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

I wouldn't compare plays, sporting events and amusement parks to this. The latter can stimulate our minds, creativity and contribute to culture. This is mindless child's play.

But of course people can do what they want with their money. I'm just stating what came to my mind when I saw the list of names and amounts contributed.

15. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

What you find to be mindless child's play, many find as entertainment.

*shrug*

16. tutubibi macrumors 6502a

tutubibi

This smashing thing was somewhat funny, interesting and original the very first time.

At least we have to give them a credit for persistence. It's not funny any more but they refuse to give up on the joke. :D

17. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Naw...I'm pretty sure Apple's current flagship store is the new one in New York City(the HUGE class cube!)

As for breaking the phone, stupid, waste of money, could do a lot of better things with the cash, but these people are look for hits on their web pages. Stay away, ignore them. They'll keep doing it, but I can't see how flamming them would do any good. I've tried, it was pointless, and a waste of time.

Still not a bad way to kill time if your every bored however you could debate something worth debating

18. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

this is stupid but again you're wrong too. There are multiple flagship stores. read this: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2004/feb/26sfstore.html . San Francisco has one of Apple's FIVE flagships.

19. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

That kernel panic on the iphone is classic. I think these guys are hilarious. But, if I do not get one on launch day, I may change my tune. :D

20. kamiboy macrumors 6502

Someone at that store should just stalk those kids and snatch the iPhone from them before they smash it. The rest of the crowd should then block their path as the snatcher makes his scape. It wouldn't be stealing and it would teach those guys that you don't mess with Mac people. The world of the interwebs would then be witness to the strong bond between us, sippers of Steve's coolaid.

21. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Agree completely. I think it's a sad reflection of the times we're living in :(

22. discodave macrumors member

It would be stealing, but I like your way of thinking.

Completely 100% agree. These kids must have spolied in their childhood, or are just pure brats.

23. Gonzlobo Suspended

Oh brother. :rolleyes:

24. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

HAH! That's their whole point. Everyone lets the new technological goodies take over their lives, instead of us being in control of our own lives and asking ourselves "Could my X amount of dollars go towards something useful in the world, like feeding starving people in Africa, or AIDS or Cancer research?" Well it could, but I just really have to have the iPhone for my own personally entertainment. I'll just go ahead and drop the money on the iPhone then and all that other stuff will take care of itself.

I love how everyone thinks they could "do a lot better things with the cash". Did you ever stop and ask yourself that same question?