Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loudestnoise

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2005
Nashville, TN
I like also how on their site they are raising money to smash a Zune too. I thought the whole point was to do it on release day in front of fanboys so they would cry. Apparently someone should tell them they missed the date for the Zune.

OnlyMarcusCannn

macrumors regular
May 19, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
And by doing this, they're indirectly providing jobs to the makers of the iPhone because they paid for it. People tend to not understand (or, at any rate, think about) that money doesn't just disappear. Just because you use it on wasteful things such as this, it's not as though it ceases to exist. Maybe you believe it would be better used to send the money for food, but if they're indirectly and partially providing jobs to the say 1000 people that are making the parts and R&D for this product, then they're really dividing the $600 1000 ways, minus the amount Apple keeps in its coffers directly.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

You're more likely giving a man money to take care of his family (indirectly) by buying an iPhone than you are sending money to a charity that actually goes directly to the homeless, poor, hungry etc... There's fraud everywhere. At least you know some of your money is going to someone when you're buying the iPhone (what's your proof of actually feeding a kid when you send money to charity--a picture of him?!). Your money does go to someone somehow. Now that was a far shot of an example of how money makes the world go round, but this whole topic is pretty outrageous.

Besides, these are kids anyway. They, and others their age, get a kick out of seeing people donate money (which, IMO, is stupid in the first place) for pretty much nothing. Prove how much people wanna pay just for some entertainment.:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.